| Elizabeth Hoover
| Character Information
Elizabeth Hoover (commonly known as Miss Hoover) is a second grade teacher at Springfield Elementary School.
Miss Hoover has been worn down by her years in the public school system, and is not against drinking significant quantities of alcohol. She is very apathetic and bored with her job, and seems overwhelmed with stress, seeking whatever remedies she can to alleviate it. She is often seen smoking even while teaching, once even under a "No Smoking" sign in the assembly hall. Once she was granted tenure, she willingly turned over her teaching responsibilities to Ralph Wiggum.
Her desperate attempts to regain her stability include rushing out of class to recite "Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean" with her eyes closed, and even, on two occasions, getting into her car and driving off.
She is in particular weary of dealing with Lisa's unbridled enthusiasm (though initially she seemed proud of Lisa) and Ralph's mishaps and inanities. A typical response to one of his difficulties is, "The children are right to laugh at you, Ralph."
She was replaced by a substitute teacher, Mr. Bergstrom when she thought she had Lyme disease. It turned out that her condition was psychosomatic, which the children thought that meant that she was both "faking it" and "crazy."
- Ms. Hoover had a one-time date with Apu, and at one time she made out with Groundskeeper Willie.
- She once went on a date with Kirk Van Houten.
- She was once proposed to by an unnamed man. However, she wanted to see other people and hired Homer to break them up.
- She was also seen at the Simpsons' Mardi gra party with Principal Skinner.
- She also attended Artie Ziff's prom recreation with Otto.
- She got together with Professor Frink during "Adult Halloween".
- When Frink made himself desirable to women, Miss Hoover was one of the women who took interest in him.
- Frink later paired her with Duffman.
||The contents of this article or section are considered to be non-canon and therefore may not have actually happened or existed.
In The Simpsons Game, Miss Hoover is one of 2 characters that don't have any lines, even whilst exploring the town; the other being Lunchlady Dora.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- This section is transcluded from The Simpsons: Tapped Out characters/More School Workers. To edit it, please edit the transcluded page.
Behind the Laughter
- Ms. Hoover is voiced by Maggie Roswell, and was temporarily voiced by Marcia Mitzman Gaven while Roswell was involved in a pay dispute.
- She is named after Matt Groening's first-grade teacher at Ainsworth Elementary School in Portland, Oregon, Mrs. Elizabeth Hoover, who recognized Groening’s drawing talent early after seeing his picture of a boat.
- At the beginning of the series, her hair was blue, which changed to red, then changed to brown (her current hair color).
- In "Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts" it's revealed that Ms. Hoover drives an AMC Pacer.