Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special in 3D on Ice was a special 42-minute documentary special which culminated The Simpsons Best. 20 Years. Ever. celebration. It aired on January 10, 2010.
Despite the title, the documentary is in 2D and not on ice until the end, where the family is seen skating (it is not seen on 3-D to us just to the Simpsons characters watching the TV).
The documentary begins with a slew of amateur and professional cover versions of the show's theme song. (Among some of the covers are by Billy Gibbons and Dustin Hill of ZZ Top and Jimmy Fallon with the Roots). During this montage of covers, notable personalities speak fondly of how The Simpsons have touched their lives. Morgan Spurlock then introduces himself and the concept of the documentary. Matt Groening, James L. Brooks and others discuss the origins of The Simpsons as "bumper" shorts on The Tracey Ullman Show. They then discuss their surprise at how successful the show became when it beat The Cosby Show in its timeslot. Spurlock discusses some of the hallmarks the show has received, and the phenomenon it has become.
Spurlock discusses the many memorable characters outside of the main family that The Simpsons has created. Some of the crew and celebrities and fans name their favorite characters. Spurlock visits Portland, Oregon, the inspiration for the town of Springfield, where he interviews the principal of the inspiration for Springfield Elementary School and Rusty Nails, the inspiration for Krusty the Clown. He also sees how The Simpsons also inspired Portland...
Read more of this article | More featured articles | Vote for a featured article
|Today is February 17.|
On this day...
- 1964: Manuela Couto, actress and dubber, was born.
- 1972: Billie Joe Armstrong, musician and guest star, was born.
- 1975: Raymond S. Persi; director and character layout artist, was born.
- 1991: Ed Sheeran, singer and guest star, was born.
- 1994: "Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy" aired for the first time.
- 2002: "The Bart Wants What It Wants" aired for the first time.
- 2008: "Love, Springfieldian Style" aired for the first time.
- 2011: Simpsons Comics #182 was released in the UK.
- 2012: The Simpsons: Tapped Out was released in Singapore, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- 2013: "Hardly Kirk-ing" aired for the first time.
The Longest Daycare was released worldwide for television.