The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular/Gags
Title Screen Gag
138th episode spectacular
I will only do this once a year
- By "this", it means a clip show.
| "The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular" couch gag
| Couch Gag Information
"A Streetcar Named Marge": The family sits; the couch morphs into a monster, swallowing the family.
"Lisa the Beauty Queen": Maggie is already seated; the rest of the family runs past the couch and out of frame, into empty white space beyond the edge of the film, before frantically running back into frame.
"Marge vs. the Monorail": The family sits; within seconds, the room fills with other regulars from the cast, totally blocking the family and obscuring their view.
"Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk": The family cannot sit, as the couch is already occupied by Santa's Little Helper, who growls menacingly; the family backs away cautiously.
"Homer Goes to College": The family sits; the couch and family are crushed by the cutout foot from the opening of Monty Python's Flying Circus.
"A Star Is Burns": The family sits; their sizes are reversed, with Maggie the largest and Homer the tiniest. (Except Bart who has not changed.)
"Homer the Great": The living room is at the center of an M.C. Escher's Relativity style environment with multiple staircases and conflicting perspectives; the family enters from various directions (and dimensions) and sits.
"Homer Badman": In a loose parody of the film Time Bandits, the family runs in and chase after the couch as the back of the room recedes endlessly away from them.
"Lisa's Rival": The floor is water, the family swims into the room (Bart wearing a scuba mask) and climbs up onto the couch (Homer pokes his right ear to dry it).
"Bart's Comet": The scene is black and white, and the couch, TV, and other living room furniture have an 1930s appearance; the family runs in, wearing Mickey Mouse style white gloves and big smiles, dancing.
- Couch gags that were reused were from "A Streetcar Named Marge", "Lisa the Beauty Queen", "Marge vs. the Monorail", "Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk", "Homer Goes to College", "A Star Is Burns", "Homer the Great", "Homer Badman", "Lisa's Rival", "Bart's Comet" and "Lisa's First Word".
- There were no couch gags from seasons one, two and seven shown.
- There was one couch gag originally from season three.
- There were five couch gags originally from season four.
- There was one couch gag originally from season five.
- There were five couch gags originally from season six.