- For others named Gary, see Gary.
| Character Information
Homer got Gary and his roommates Doug and Benjamin to play a prank on Springfield A&M, a rival school. They kidnapped A&M's mascot, a pig named Sir Oinks-A-Lot, and brought him back to Springfield University. Homer then got the pig drunk by splitting a case of malt liquor with him, and the pig passed out. Dean Peterson heard the noise from the pig falling over and caught the nerds red-handed with the drunken pig. Due to the influence of Sir Oinks-A-Lot's powerful friends, Peterson was forced to expel the three nerds. Homer, however, got off scot-free because the dean didn't actually catch him with the pig.
Out of guilt, Homer invited the nerds to stay in the Simpson home, where they quickly got on the whole family's nerves. Homer ended up confessing everything to the dean and the nerds were re-admitted to school, much to the Simpsons' relief. Benjamin and his roommates later helped Homer to "Cram like you've never crammed before!" for his Nuclear Physics 101 final. When Homer failed the exam, they changed his grade (albeit reluctantly due to ethical concerns) to an A by hacking into the college's database. Marge then made Homer retake the class, so he could set a good example for the children by passing the class honestly. While Homer re-took the class, Homer shoved the trio of nerds (along with several other students) into a phone booth, and they later played football while in a Tank.
The trio later built a sophisticated model rocket for Homer when Homer got tired of being upstaged at model rocketry by Ned Flanders. Unfortunately, the nerds' rocket proved to be an even more spectacular failure than Homer's previous attempts when it went off course and crashed into the First Church of Springfield.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- This section is transcluded from The Simpsons: Tapped Out characters/University Nerds. To edit it, please edit the transcluded page.
- It's implied that Gary has ear problems, as he mentioned to Homer before the ill-fated road trip that Gary spilled his ear medicine.
Behind the Laughter
Gary's comment about the "magic xylophone" has become something of an internet meme that is used when someone acts nerdy and points out a flaw in something.
- Episode – "Homer Goes to College"
- Episode – "The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show"
- Episode – "Mayored to the Mob"
- Episode – "Faith Off"
- Episode – "Day of the Jackanapes" (Background)
- Episode – "She of Little Faith"
- – The Simpsons Movie
- Episode – "Kiss Kiss Bang Bangalore"
- Episode – "MoneyBart"
- Episode – "Replaceable You"
- Episode – "The Musk Who Fell to Earth"
- Episode – "Mathlete's Feat"
- Episode – "The Girl Code"
- Episode – "Looking for Mr. Goodbart"
- Episode – "Haw-Haw Land"
- Episode – "Baby You Can't Drive My Car"
- Episode – "Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy"
- Episode – "Girl's in the Band"
- Comic story – The Geek Shall Inherit the Earth
- Comic story – Simpson Sideshow Sibling Smackdown
- Book – Comic Book Guy's Book of Pop Culture
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
The Simpsons: Tapped Out characters