- This article is about the character. For the real life creator of "The Simpsons" and "Futurama", see Matt Groening.
- "Your creator is TV's most beloved animation visionary."
- ―Matt Groening[src]
| Matt Groening
| Character Information
Matt Groening is the creator of the television show Futurama and the comic strip Life in Hell.
Matt seems to be very acclaimed, since when people saw him at a comic convention, everyone went for him for an autograph. Matt told them they can also take a bit of his 'stache, as they say it's good luck. He often wears a coat with his name on it. However, when Homer saw a drawing of Bongo by Matt Groening (from his comic Life in Hell) he said Matt was a bad artist. He was once hired to draw a caricature of Freddy Quimby in a trial. When Kent Brockman presented a list of people who were gay, Groening was on the list. He is also in Comic Book Guy's banned list in the Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop, along with Sideshow Bob, Nelson, Bart and Milhouse. When some "Everyman" comic books were being loaded in a truck, Matt Groening stole all of them and threw them into his truck.
- Matt Groening was once depicted as a heavy drinking, bald, one eyed WWII veteran who originally created the comics "Damnation", "Johnny Reb" and "True Murder Stories". When asked how he makes an episode of The Simpsons every week, he fired gunshots at the camera.
- Matt Groening is among the people Comic Book Guy (as "The Collector") kidnapped and put into aluminized PET film bag.
- Matt Groening is "the creator" of both "The Simpsons" and "Futurama", and his mansion is full of coin pills, dollar sign-shaped bushes and Simpsons characters items, such as statues and trees). When Homer and Bart go to his office, he attacks them with Bender and Zoidberg (some of Futurama's main characters) drawings that come to life. Homer and Bart defeat Matt, but he escapes in his helicopter after signing his window with his signature. He also appears as an enemy sent by God in Dance Dance Revolution.
- Matt Groening is in the rear left side of the courtroom during the trial of Duff Beer VS Pawtucket Patriot Ale.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- This section is transcluded from The Simpsons: Tapped Out characters/Helpful Guest Stars. To edit it, please edit the transcluded page.
- Matt appears on "Ned's List of Laudable Lefties".
- He was seen in the audience during the award show.
Behind the Laughter
Matt Groening is the creator of the two television series The Simpsons and Futurama and the comic strip Life in Hell.
Matt Groening also appears in the Season 12: Complete Collection DVD menu, where he is busy signing comic books
Matt in the promotional image for the episode, "My Big Fat Geek Wedding".
Matt as he appears in "The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular".
- "My Big Fat Geek Wedding"
- "Mom and Pop Art"
- "The Boy Who Knew Too Much"
- "Bart's Comet"
- "Worst Episode Ever"
- "Homer the Whopper"
- "The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular"
- "Treehouse of Horror X"
- The Simpsons Game: Five Characters in Search of an Author
- "Game Over"
- "The Simpsons Guy"
- Flanders' Book of Faith
- "The Front"
|James L. Brooks • Dan Castellaneta • David Cohen • Matt Groening • Al Jean • Julie Kavner • Tress MacNeille • George Meyer • David Mirkin • Conan O'Brien • Bill Oakley • Mike Reiss • Mike Scully • John Swartzwelder • Josh Weinstein|
The Simpsons: Tapped Out characters
The Simpsons characters