| Dana Scully
| Character Information
Mulder and Scully work out of a cramped basement office at FBI headquarters, investigating unsolved cases labeled "X-Files". In contrast to Fox Mulder's credulous "believer" character, Scully is the skeptic, choosing to base her beliefs on what science can prove. However, occasionally Scully is exposed to similar "unbelievable" events which Mulder does not believe in, and the tables are turned.
When Homer believed that he saw an alien, Mulder and Scully came to Springfield to investigate. They interviewed Homer and put him through a series of medical tests. When Mulder questioned why Scully had Homer running on a treadmill in his underwear, Scully replied, "I just thought he could stand to lose a little weight." After watching for a moment, Mulder said that Homer's jiggling was "almost hypnotic", and Scully agreed: "It's like a lava lamp."
They next had Homer walk through everywhere he'd been the night of his sighting, finishing with the place in the forest where he'd seen the "alien". When the only thing they saw in the forest was Grampa, Scully described the Springfield investigation as "the worst assignment we've ever had" and left, figuring that Homer was crazy. She later reappeared wearing a "Homer is a Dope" T-Shirt and singing "Good Morning Starshine" along with a large crowd of Springfieldians.
She was seen at FOX's 25th Anniversary show.
Behind the Laughter
- Dana Scully is one of the main characters on the Fox drama series The X-Files. She is played by Gillian Anderson.
- Former executive producer Mike Scully claims that he used to get a lot of fan mail that was sent to the Fox network addressed to Dana Scully.
- Dana's name is a combination of the names of two producers: Dana Gould and Mike Scully.
- Comic story – I Faced Tahn-Enn-Bahm, The Christmas Tree From Another World
- Comic story – The Ex Files
- Special – FOX's 25th Anniversary Special
- Book – Lisa Simpson's Guide to Geek Chic (mentioned)
|Annie Crawford • FBI agent (Donnie Fatso) • FBI agent (Lost Verizon 1) • FBI agent (Lost Verizon 2) • FBI agent (Homerland 1) • FBI agent (Homerland 2) • Joe Friday • Bill Gannon • Deputy Director Gratman • Agent Miller • Fox Mulder • Agent Johnson • Dana Scully • Witness relocation man 1 • Witness relocation man 2|
|Robert Mueller • Homer Simpson (alias: Nicky Bluepants Altosaxophony)|
|F.B.I. Headquarters • F.B.I Springfield Branch|