- "Thank you, Lisa, for teaching kids everywhere a valuable lesson: If things don't go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true."
- ―Bill Clinton
- "That's a pretty lousy lesson"
- "Hey, I'm a pretty lousy president."
- ―Bill Clinton[src]
| Bill Clinton
| Character Information
William Jefferson "Bill" Clinton is the forty-second President of the United States, serving from 1993 to 2001.
In the '90s, a young Homer Simpson said that there would never be a president worse than Bill Clinton, saying that lying in a deposition in a civil lawsuit is the worst sin a president could commit.
Bill Clinton once answered Lisa Simpson's complaint about a band contest, in which the Springfield Elementary School Band was beaten by the band of Ogdenville school which used an illegal tactic, using visual aids. President Clinton said that he thought their tactic was wrong so overturned the results of the competition personally, giving the prize to Springfield Elementary. He then said he wanted to teach kids a lesson to complain until things go their way. When Marge pointed out that was a lousy lesson, President Clinton said he was a lousy president.
When Superintendent Chalmers was tutoring Bart in American history and showed him an illustration depicting all of the Presidents, Clinton was one of the few that Bart could identify, referring to him as "sex guy".
During Lisa Simpson's term as President, it was revealed that Clinton had kept a stash of pornographic videos at Camp David. The collection was in a large box labeled "Girlies What Ain't Got No Clothes", and Bart's friends went through it when they were supposed to be helping Bart with a "coolness report" to present to Lisa.
Behind the Laughter
- The Bill Clinton character was voiced by Harry Shearer in early episodes, Phil Hartman in "Treehouse of Horror VII" and Karl Wiedergott in episodes since season 10.
- Bart's identifying Clinton as "sex guy" is a reference to the Lewinsky scandal.