- Unit Commander: Sergeant Abraham Simpson (Homer Simpson's father)
Burns was always the unit's troublemaker. The Hellfish got stuck with Burns because he obstructed a probe from J. Edgar Hoover, thus resulting in his demotion. He faked his own death several times and even ruined Simpson's chance to assassinate Adolf Hitler.
At one point, near the end of the war, the unit stormed a German castle. While searching through it, Private Burns found a collection of stolen paintings. While discussing what they should do with them, Burns mentions the idea of tontine. The unit agrees for their own personal reasons (Gumble wanting to buy his way into high society, Abe not wanting to end up "in one of them old folk's homes"). Everyone signs and shakes on this prospect.
Ox was the first member to die because of a hernia he got while taking the crate with the paintings out of the castle. Five more were killed in a parade float accident in 1979. After Asa Phelps died, only Burns and Simpson remained. Later, Simpson gave Burns a dishonorable discharge from the Hellfish for trying to kill him, and kept the paintings until the U.S. State Department took them away and returned them to their rightful owner, Baron von Wörtzenburger.
- In heaven, a tombstone has the words "Flying Hellfish" written on it, written over it is "Flying HeavenFish".
- Episode – "Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish""
- Episode – "The Regina Monologues"
- Comic story – War Is Smelly!
- Comic story – The Curious Case of Hans Moleman
- Comic story – Mission Imp-possible!
- Video game – The Simpsons: Virtual Springfield (list is seen)
Flying Hellfish members
|Charles Montgomery Burns • Arnie Gumble • Milton "Oxford" Haas • Griff McDonald • Asa Phelps • Sheldon Skinner • Abraham Simpson • Etch Westgrin • Iggy Wiggum|