| Character Information
Opal is the host of The Opal Show, her talk show.
On her show, Opal frequently mentions a boyfriend named "Straightman", and one or both of them apparently has some commitment issues. When Marge Simpson appeared as a guest (being interviewed about her women-only gym Shapes), she asked when Straightman was going to pop the question. Opal hemmed and hawed for several seconds. Then, as a diversionary tactic, she announced a massive prize giveaway where each person in the studio audience would receive a German cuckoo clock.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- This section is transcluded from The Simpsons: Tapped Out characters/Black History. To edit it, please edit the transcluded page.
Behind the Laughter
She is a parody of Oprah Winfrey, as is her show. Opal's cuckoo clock prize giveaway is a reference to Oprah's occasionally giving gifts to her audience members. Opal's boyfriend Straightman and the unsureness of their marriage is a reference to Oprah's own boyfriend, Stedman Graham, who were engaged in 1992 but later mutually agreed to have a "spiritual union", the two remaining as boyfriend and girlfriend instead of opting for marriage.
The real Oprah Winfrey has also appeared on the Simpsons, where her animated form is shown on her talk show approaching the Simpson residence. A slovenly Homer answers shocked, and says he thought the interview was tomorrow.
- Episode – "Million-Dollar Abie"
- Episode – "Ice Cream of Margie (with the Light Blue Hair)"
- Episode – "Husbands and Knives"
- Episode – "Funeral for a Fiend"
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
The Simpsons: Tapped Out characters