| Character Information
Cooder and his son Spud are carnies.
When the Simpsons went to a carnival, Cooder and Spud were working in the ring toss game. Through a series of mischances, Homer and Bart ended up working in the booth and lost it when Homer bungled Chief Wiggum's attempt to accept a bribe, this ruining Cooder and Spud's livelihood. The carnies then ended up staying at the Simpson home and caused a lot of trouble, culminating in tricking the family out of the house and forcing them to live in Bart's tree house. The Simpsons got the house back by betting the deed in a ring toss game, then taking it back by cheating. The Simpsons then moved back into their house and Spud and Cooder went back to being carnies.
- Cooder can put a cigarette in his mouth or ear and can make it come out of his butt or nose.
- He can pull out his left eye.
Behind the Laughter
- Cooder was voiced by comic actor Jim Varney.
- He was modeled on former showrunner David Mirkin.
- He appears on the disc holder in the Season 17 boxset.
- Cooder received an action figure in World of Springfield: Celebrity Series 3.
- Episode – "Bart Carny"
- – The Simpsons Movie
- Episode – "Four Regrettings and a Funeral" (Chip Davis tribute credits)
- Episode – "Undercover Burns"
- Comic story – Hotfoot in the Park
- Comic story – Maggie's Crib 5
- Book – The Book of Moe