- This article is about the character. For the guest star, see Ed McMahon.
| Ed McMahon
| Character Information
Ed McMahon is an American actor and television show host.
During Krusty's service in Congress, Homer worked for him. A janitor told Homer that his job was to drink a southern congressman under the table so he would miss a vote. The janitor then asked Homer if he could do that, and Homer replied that he had studied under Ed McMahon.
In Homer's nightmare, Marge and the kids watched The Tonight Show during one of Johnny Carson's Carnac the Magnificent sketches, where he reads what is written inside an envelope. Carson as Carnac said, "Geraldo Rivera, Madonna, and a diseased yak." They never got to hear the punchline, however, as first McMahon started laughing, and then Marge said that Homer had been mising for two days.
McMahon hosted the FOX television show World's Deadliest Executions. In the episode that was seen, Snake was executed in the electric chair on live TV. McMahon introduced himself and the show; said "Heeeeere's Snake!" as Snake was led to the chair; and called out "Hi-yooooo!" when Snake was dead.
Behind the Laughter
- McMahon introduces Snake the same way as he introduced Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show.
- The "Hi-yooooo!" was another one of McMahon's Tonight Show mannerisms, spoken in reaction to Carson's jokes.
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror II"
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror IX"
- Episode – "'Scuse Me While I Miss the Sky"