| Arnold Schwarzenegger
| Character Information
President Arnold Schwarzenegger is an Austrian-American actor and politician who became the President of the United States.
He had a fling with Chloe Talbot.
Schwarzenegger is first seen discussing with Russ Cargill about the situation at Lake Springfield and presented with a multi-eyed squirrel. Schwarzenegger is then supplied with five plans that will alter the states, but points at option number 3 without even reading it. He later appears again when Russ Cargill, now consumed with power, discusses the problems with the dome, and tricks Schwarzenegger into selecting number 4. Schwarzenegger is starting to show reluctance at merely pointing at an option, even saying that he should read the options first, but Cargill convinces him that "anyone can make a decision if they know what they're picking. It takes real leadership to pick something you know nothing about". Arnold eventually picks number 4.
Behind the Laughter
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is best known as an actor, his most notable role being the Terminator.
- Schwarzenegger served as the governor of California from 2003 to 2011.
- Recurring Simpsons character Rainier Wolfcastle is a parody of Schwarzenegger.
The Simpsons Movie
Although he does not provide the voice, Arnold Schwarzenegger is President of the United States in the film. He was chosen instead of the incumbent President George W. Bush because then, "in two years [...] the film [would be] out of date". James L. Brooks was nervous about the idea, noting that "[Schwarzenegger's] opinion polls were way down", he said that they "were [hoping] he'd make a political comeback". The animators began by drawing an accurate caricature of Schwarzenegger, but one of the staff instead suggested an altered version of recurring character Rainier Wolfcastle as President. This idea was developed, with the design of Wolfcastle, himself also a caricature of Schwarzenegger, being given more wrinkles under his eyes and a different hairstyle. He, like Wolfcastle, was voiced by Harry Shearer.
- In a deleted scene for The Simpsons Movie, he has a Nickelodeon blimp on his desk.
- Originally, he was supposed to be the one who dispatches of Russ Cargill (by hitting him with a Tree Branch). However, this was changed to Maggie hurling a rock down at Russ Cargill.