| Matthew Selman
| Crew Information
Matt Selman is an American writer who has written several episodes for The Simpsons. Selman was one of eleven writers that worked on The Simpsons Movie. He was also interviewed in The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special – In 3-D! On Ice!. He is also one of the writers of The Simpsons: Tapped Out's dialogues.
Selman is married to Renee Ridgeley, who is an occasional voice actress for The Simpsons.
Selman grew up in Waterton, Massachusetts. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 1993 after majoring in history. He was editor in chief of the magazine 34th Street Magazine and had an internship at the Philadelphia.
He co-wrote for a Seinfield episode after sending sample material out for two years. In 1997 he joined the Simpsons and is currently an executive producer.
He is writing the screenplay for a film adaptation of Ricky Gervais' Flanimals.
- Nominated for Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program for Viva Ned Flanders (with other staff)
- Won a Annie for Outstanding Individual Achievement for Writing in an Animated Television Production for Simpsons Bible Stories (with Tim Long and Larry Doyle)
- Won an for Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program for HOMЯ (with other staff)
- Nominated for Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program for Future-Drama (with other staff)
- Nominated for an Annie for Best Writing in an Animated Feature Production for the Simpsons Movie (with James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean, George Meyer, David Mirkin, Mike Reiss, Mike Scully, Ian Maxtone-Graham, John Swartzwelder and Jon Vitti)
- Won an Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program for Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind (with other staff)
- Nominated for Writers Guild of America Award for Animation for The Haw-Hawed Couple
- Nominated for Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program for Gone Maggie Gone (with other staff)
- Nominated for Writers Guild of America Award for Comedy Series (with other writers)
Executive story editor
Dialogue written by
Story & dialogue
For The Simpsons
Parody lyrics by