||This article needs an image or two.
Please upload and add an appropriate image, or discuss the issue on the talk page.
| Hortense Simpson
| Character Information
Hortense Simpson, also nown as Aunt Hortense is a great-aunt to the Simpsons. She was first seen in Heaven when Bart briefly died. Hortense is said to have died later though, as the The Simpson family expected to inherit her estate, but instead each member is given $100 (except for Maggie). The rest was given to Ann Landers (as stated in Hortense's will).
Behind the Laughter
Since there have been two mentioned Aunt Hortense's, there has been some speculation about the character(s).
- The name was passed down. One could be Homer's aunt and another Homer's great aunt.
- The events of "Bart Gets Hit by a Car" could have been before "Bart the Fink".
- The will could have been lost for a long time.
- Bart thought she was dead but she was not.
- It could have been an oversight by the producers.