| Surly Duff
| Character Information
Surly Duff is one of The Seven Duffs. Along with the rest of the group, Surly is a mascot for Duff Beer and appears as a costumed character in places such as Duff Gardens. However, Surly has also been seen out in public on occasion.
Surly is the only one of the Seven Duffs who speaks. True to his name, Surly has a surly and cynical demeanor. Everything he says either has a cynical undercurrent behind it or is a direct put-down:
- "Hey, Surly only looks out for one guy ... Surly!"
- "Shut up."
- "Take a picture, it'll last longer. Get outta here!"
- While greeting people at the Duff Days beer festival, Surly says in a loud voice, "Drink Duff!" Then he covers his mouth with his hand and adds "Responsibly", in a much quieter voice.
Surly has also been seen in public on occasions when he wasn't acting as a representative for Duff Beer. When Marge Simpson accidentally got breast implants, Surly was among a crowd of men leering at her enhanced figure.
When Moe's Tavern was shut down for failing a health inspection, a wake was held for the bar and Surly was one of the mourners in attendance.
||The contents of this article or section are considered to be non-canon and therefore may not have actually happened or existed.
In The Simpsons: Hit & Run, Surly and the other Duffs can be seen on a rotating poster in Moe's Tavern.
He once quit his job to try and replace Duffman but got injured and was replaced himself by Moe.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- This section is transcluded from The Simpsons: Tapped Out decorations/The Seven Duff Topiaries. To edit it, please edit the transcluded page.
|Surly Duff Topiary
||Dimensions - D x W
||2 x 2
Behind the Laughter
- The Seven Duffs are an obvious reference to, and pun on, the Seven Dwarfs from the Disney animated movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- Surly is one of only four Duffs named in their first appearance in "Selma's Choice." (The other three named in the episode were Tipsy, Queasy and Remorseful.)