Rakes are a gardening tool, used to rake leaves. They are also Sideshow Bob's greatest nemesis, except for Bart. Bob has a propensity for stepping on the tines of rakes, thus making the handles swing up and hit him in the forehead, which typically elicits an enraged grumble from him.
Rakes have often been seen used by people of Springfield to rake leaves, particularly Willie in the course of his groundskeeping duties at Springfield Elementary School. Willie once accidentally killed a student by impaling him with a rake. The student's ghost has haunted the playground ever since, and can be seen floating in the air at night with a rake stuck all the way through him.
After holding onto the bottom of the Simpsons car and going through a cactus field, Sideshow Bob crawled out, only to be hit by a rake. He walked around, hitting more and more rakes with every step he took, quickly coming to loathe them and think of them as his enemy. Later, when sneaking onto the Simpsons' house boat, Bob hit another rake.
A large number of Springfieldians were hypnotized to act like Sideshow Bob and started chasing after Bart, intending to kill him. Bart delayed them by going into a rake store and scattering a bunch of rakes in their path. He then ran away while they were distracted by stepping on the rakes and getting hit by the handles.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- This section is transcluded from The Simpsons: Tapped Out decorations/Garden decorations. To edit it, please edit the transcluded page.
Behind the Laughter
The Sideshow Bob Prison World of Springfield figure comes with a rake.
- Episode – "Cape Feare"
- Episode – "Pokey Mom"
- Episode – "Day of the Jackanapes"
- Episode – "The Bob Next Door"
- Episode – "Homer the Father" (ghost)
- Episode – "Holidays of Future Passed" (outline)
- Episode – "The Man Who Grew Too Much"
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XXVI"
- Comic story – Bobbing for Vengeance
- Video game – The Simpsons Game
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- Commercial – Hard Times