- For the vehicle in The Simpsons: Hit & Run, see Car Built For Homer.
| The Homer
| Vehicle Information
"The Homer" was a car designed by Homer when his half-brother, Herb, gave Homer a job at Powell Motors.
Thanks to Homer's dislike of the cars Herb's company was creating, Herb decided his company needed a new car that would appeal to the "average" American. Despite the many objections of Herb's employees, Herb encouraged Homer to follow his instincts in creating a car that American consumers would want to buy. Homer took charge of the project after Herb encouraged him to obey his gut when it came to what kind of car he wanted. Unfortunately, Homer's creation was such a monstrously strange car, it cost so much to develop, and had such a high price tag, that Herb's car company went out of business shortly after, with its building purchased by Komatsu Motors.
- The Homer has two bubble domes; one in the front, while the one in the back is for quarreling kids, and comes with optional restraints and muzzles.
- According to Homer, the engine sound causes people to think "the world's coming to an end."
- There are three horns, as Homer claims that "you can never find a horn when you're mad." The three horns play the song "La Cucaracha."
- The car also features gigantic cupholders, which actually became a feature on many cars in the 1990s onward.
- The car has various outdated features such as bubble domes, shag carpeting, and tailfins. It also has a metal bowler as a hood ornament.
||The contents of this article or section are considered to be non-canon and therefore may not have actually happened or existed.
In the video game The Simpsons Road Rage, The Homer is unlocked after all 10 missions are completed successfully. The vehicle is driven by Homer, but is harder to handle than his Pink Sedan, and is more of a trophy than an actually useful car like the Bandit and Hover Car.
In The Simpsons Hit & Run the car can be bought from Homer for 500 coins. Apu uses it to collect diapers for the Octuplets.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- This section is transcluded from The Simpsons: Tapped Out decorations/Vehicles. To edit it, please edit the transcluded page.
||Dimensions - D x W
||The Homer and Level 55
||5 x 3
Behind the Laughter
Two toys have been made of "The Homer", the first was a model kit and the second was a special 2014 Hot Wheels diecast.
The Porcubimmer Motors team built a real racing car based on The Homer. The car is a 1987 BMW E30 and cost around $500 to make. Parts for the car were scavenged from everything like a 1956 Renault Dauphine, a tractor trailer and a Lincoln Mark VI. The car was build for the 24 Hours of LeMons parody race. The Homer debuted race at the 24 Hours of LeMons race on June 29, 2013 where it came in fifth place.