| Website Information
Disney+ is a streaming service owned by Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, a division of The Walt Disney Company. They streamed The Simpsons when the service launched on November 12, 2019 in the USA. The service launched in the United Kingdom on March 24, 2020.
Disney+ has exclusive streaming rights over The Simpsons. However, the episodes from before the show went widescreen are available on a 16:9 aspect ration, rather than their original 4:3 aspect ratio. This cuts off parts of the screen and even cuts out some jokes, such as a joke from the episode "Duffless" where Duff Beer, Duff Lite and Duff Dry are all shown coming from the same tube. On May 28, 2020, the original 4:3 aspect ratio was made available with a setting on the The Simpsons page. This took so long because Disney+ had to make sure watchers could choose which version to watch without breaking other features of the website.
All episodes of 30 seasons (including the movie) of the series now include multiple audio and subtitles languages option, including English, German, Latin American Spanish, European Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Quebec French, European French, and Italian.
- The Verge - "The Simpsons will stream exclusively on Disney+"
- The Verge - "Disney+ will fix The Simpsons’ joke-destroying 16:9 aspect ratio starting in 2020"
- Variety - "To Deliver ‘The Simpsons’ in 4:3 Aspect Ratio, Disney Plus Had to Rearchitect Its Content-Delivery System"
- NME - "The Michael Jackson episode of ‘The Simpsons’ has been cut from Disney+"
- Disney+ on Twitter - "Playdate with Destiny"
- *pacifier suck* *pacifier suck* 👶 The Oscar-nominated animated short film from #TheSimpsons, Maggie Simpson in “The Longest Daycare,” is coming May 29 to #DisneyPlus. #DisneyBundle