- For for the European Spanish dub of Los Simpson, see Los Simpson (Spain).
Los Simpson is the name of the Latin American Spanish dub of The Simpsons.
The Simpsons is also dubbed into the Spanish language in Latin America. In this version, the show is named Los Simpson, as last names are not pluralized in Spanish. There are many differences between the two versions. For example, Homer's name is translated as Homero, but in Spain it isn't translated. Other translations in Latin America but not in Spain are:
The animation of the show is not changed, and what is written in English appears in English in the Spanish versions. In the chalkboard gags, we hear Bart reading the phrase in Spanish. After the introduction in the Latin American version we hear Homer saying the name of the episode, unlike in the European Spanish dub. The region 1 DVDs and all of the episodes from 30 seasons (including the movie) on Disney+ include the Latin American Spanish audio.
The Latin American version is dubbed in Mexico by Audiomaster 3000 (seasons 1-14) and New Art Dub (season 15, onwards). The DVD commentary for season 3's "Like Father, Like Clown" states that writer Wallace Wolodarsky went to several countries, including Mexico and Germany, to cast the foreign versions.
The principal cast is the following:
- Mr. Burns: Gabriel Chávez (seasons 1-15, 32-onwards)/ Miguel Angel Botello (season 16-31).
- Abraham Simpson: Carlos Petrel (seasons 1-11, died)/ Roberto Reséndiz (a couple of episodes)/ Arturo Mercado (a couple of episodes)/ Sebastián Llapur (seasons 14-25, 32-onwards).
- Seymour Skinner: Agustín Sauret (seasons 1-4, died)/ José Luis Castañeda (seasons 5-9)/ Gabriel Pingarron (seasons 9-15) / Gerardo Vázquez (seasons 16-31) / Roberto Mendiola (season 32-onwards)
- Ned Flanders: Agustín Sauret (seasons 1-15, died)/ Oscar Gómez (season 16, onwards).
- Rod Flanders: Angélica Villa
- Todd Flanders: Angélica Villa
- Waylon Smithers, Jr.: Octavio Rojas (seasons 1-14, 32-onwards)/ Eduardo Fonseca (seasons 15-31).
- Patty: Nelly Horseman (season 1-15)/ Erika Mireles (seasons 16-28, died)
- Selma: Nelly Salvar (season 1-15)/ Erika Mireles (seasons 16-28, died)
- Edna Krabappel: Loretta Santini (seasons 1-15)/ Gabriela Gómez (season 16-25, due to Marcia Wallace's death, the voice of Edna Krabappel in the original English version)
- Nelson: Sergio Bonilla (season 1-12)/ Carlos Amador (season 13-15)/ Eduardo Garza (a couple of episodes)/ Edson Matus (season 16-17, 25-31)/ Hugo Núñez (seasons 17-25).
- Moe: Jorge Ornelas (season 5-onwards).
During season 9, Huerta quit playing Bart for not being well paid by the company, and was replaced by Claudia Motta. Before season 16, the main cast had a legal issue with Grabaciones y Doblajes (today, New Art Dub) because it wanted the actors to be in the National Actors Association of Mexico, and they were not in that association, so as a result, the whole cast was fired. As of season 16, they were replaced by new actors (in fact, they "copy" the old actors' character voices so the change is not so drastic for the viewers) and Huerta returned to do Bart's voice and replaced Nancy McKenzie as the voice of Marge. However, since season 32, Claudia Motta return to dub the Bart's voice and also the Marge's voice due to Nancy MacKenzie was never called to dub the character.