- For for the European Spanish dub of Los Simpson, see Los Simpson (Spain).
Los Simpson is the name of the Latin American Spanish dub of The Simpsons.
The Simpsons is also being dubbed into the Spanish language, in Latin America. In this version, the show is named Los Simpson, as last names are not pluralized in Spanish. Between the this version are many differences. Homer is translated as Homero, but in Spain it isn't translated. Other translations in Latin America but not in Spain are: Barney Gumble as Barney Gómez, Chief Wiggum as Jefe Gorgory, Ralph Wiggum as Ralf/Rafa Gorgory, Reverend Lovejoy as Reverendo Alegría, Sideshow Bob as Bob Patiño, Mayor "Diamond" Joe Quimby as Alcalde Diamante, Itchy and Scratchy as Tommy y Daly and Cletus Spuckler as Cleto Spuckler. Nelson Muntz and Martin Prince were previously named as Nelson Rufino and Martin Trino.
The animation of the show is not changed, and what is in writing in English appears in English in the Spanish versions. In the blackboard scene, we hear Bart reading the phrase translated. After the introduction, in the Latin American version we hear Homer saying the name of the episode, while this does not happen in the Spanish version. The region 1 DVDs and all of the episodes from 30 seasons (including the movie) on Disney+ include the Latin American Spanish audio.
The Latin American Version is dubbed in Mexico by Audiomaster 3000 (seasons 1-14) and New Art Dub (season 15, onwards). The DVD commentary for season 3's like Father, Like Clown states that writer Wallace Wolodarsky went to several countries, including Mexico and Germany, to cast the foreign versions.
The principal cast is the following:
- Mr. Burns: Gabriel Chávez (seasons 1-15)/ Miguel Angel Botello (season 16, onwards).
- Abraham Simpson: Carlos Petrel (season 1-11, died)/ Roberto Reséndiz (a couple of episodes)/ Arturo Mercado (a couple of episodes)/ Sebastián Llapur (season 14, onwards).
- Seymour Skinner: Agustín Sauret (season 1-4)/ José Luis Castañeda (season 5-9)/ Gabriel Pingarron (season 9-15) / Gerardo Vázquez (season 16).
- Ned Flanders: Agustín Sauret (season 1-15)/ Oscar Gómez (season 16, onwards).
- Rod Flanders: Angélica Villa
- Todd Flanders: Angélica Villa
- Waylon Smithers, Jr.: Octavio Rojas (seasons 1-14)/ Eduardo Fonseca (season 15, onwards).
- Patty: Nelly Horseman (season 1-15)/ Erika Mireles (season 16, onwards)
- Selma: Nelly Salvar (season 1-15)/ Erika Mireles (season 16, onwards)
- Edna Krabappel: Loretta Santini (seasons 1-15)/ Gabriela Gómez (season 16-25, due to the death of Marcia Wallace, the voice of Edna Krabappel in the original English version)
- Nelson: Sergio Bonilla (season 1-12)/ Carlos Amador (season 13-15)/ Eduardo Garza (a couple of episodes)/ Edson Matus (season 16-17)/ Hugo Núñez (season 17, onwards).
- Moe: Jorge Ornelas.
During season 9, Huerta quit playing Bart for not being well paid by the company, and was replaced by Claudia Motta. Before season 16, the main cast had a legal issue with Grabaciones y Doblajes (today, New Art Dub) because it wanted the actors to be in the National Actors Association of Mexico, and they were not in that association, so as a result, the whole cast was fired. Beginning at season 16, they were replaced by new actors (in fact, they "copy" the old actors's character voice so the change is not so drastic for the viewers) and Huerta returned to do Bart's voice and replaced Nancy McKenzie to make Marge's voice.