- This article is about the characters. For the guest stars, see Aerosmith.
| Band Information
Aerosmith is an American hard rock band. One of their greatest hits is "Walk This Way".
Aerosmith performed at Moe's Tavern after Moe began serving the "Flaming Moe" drink (actually the "Flaming Homer," renamed by Moe). The drink proved to be a huge seller, turning the bar into an extremely popular hangout in Springfield. One evening, the Aerosmith members were in the bar, and Moe asked them to come on stage and play a song. Although they were initially reluctant, Moe managed to entice them with the promise of free pickled eggs. Aerosmith then played "Walk This Way" and turned the tables on a reluctant Moe by having him come on stage to help out with the singing.
Aerosmith returned for a second night, and performed without Joey Kramer, who was trapped in his trailer trying to stave off an amorous advance from Mrs. Krabappel, who had stolen his drumsticks.
Later, after business at Moe's returned to normal (due to Homer's having revealed the drink's secret ingredient), Homer was at Moe's and asked if he thought Aerosmith would be in that night, to which Moe replied, "I doubt it."
After Homer bought food Bart looked at the packet of Sweet Emotions cereal and told the family that he didn't know Aerosmith made a cereal.
When Joey Kramer was in Moe's Tavern the same time as Ned was there, he asked if he was the drummer of Aerosmith.
Homer connected Aerosmith to Jiminy Cricket via the "six degrees of separation" method. Homer's steps were:
- "I fell on Aerosmith at Moe's after revealing the secret ingredient of "The Flaming Moe!"."
- "Aerosmith sounds like Agent Smith."
- "Agent Smith starred in The Matrix with Keanu Reeves."
- "Keanu Reeves was in Speed with Dennis Hopper."
- "Dennis Hopper has the same name as Hopper from that cartoon A Bug's Life."
- "Hopper is a bug that hops, just like Jiminy Cricket!"
Behind the Laughter
Aerosmith provided their own voices for their appearance on The Simpsons in the episode "Flaming Moe's".