Claude Kane III
| Claude Kane III
| Character Information
Claude Kane III is the man behind the mask of Radioactive Man. He is very wealthy layabout playboy who lives in stately Kane Manor in Zenith City. His girlfriend is Gloria Grand. The electrical bolt-shaped piece of shrapnel embedded in his head (visible as Radioactive Man) requires that he wear a hat at all times to maintain his secret identity.
When he was on his way to Blather Labs to get his allowance for the week from his father, Claude took a wrong turn and got lost. His car then got stuck so he walked into the nuclear test site, not realizing it was that, to try and find help. He got caught in an explosion from a mega-bomb which Blather Labs had been working on and got superpowers. He continued to Blather Labs where he beat some thugs who had taken Claude's father and Gloria Grand hostage. From this day, he became Radioactive Man.
After Radioactive Man took out several thugs, Claude decided that he needed to set up a secret lair of his own. He found a model lying on the ground and decided to use it as a design for The Containment Dome, which he built on Mount Zenith.
When asking Gloria out on a date one day, Gloria asks Claude to take care of a person who had been pestering her with a potential story. Claude then realized that the man, Giorgio Bishop, had a photograph of him with the electrical bolt-shaped piece of shrapnel embedded in his head on display. He remembered this as the day he lost his hat and was trying to get it again. Eventually, he managed to get this story played off as a joke by paying the man to publish a newspaper full of conspiracy theories.
Claude can come across as very gullible. He believed the rantings of J.J. Bellwether and Hedrick Hertzmann who were saying that William G. Maimes was a soviet spy, and even backed them up with "evidence". He is also not very smart at times, not knowing a thing about radiation, despite it being the source of his powers.
Claude can be stubborn, as seen from him asking Gloria Grand out on a date multiple times, and being rejected every time. Despite this, he still cares about her and tries to ask her out.
- Comic story – The Origin of Radioactive Man
- Comic story – Dr. Crab's Commie Comics
- Comic story – The Amazing Radioactive Spider!
- Comic story – The Thing in My Head!
- Comic story – The Beauty Queen from the 21st Century!
- Comic story – The Molten Menace of Magmo, the Lava Man
- Comic story – See No Evil, Hear No Evil!
- Comic story – Dark Radioactive Man!
- Comic story – Let's See It Again! The Origin of Radioactive Man
- Comic story – Radioactive Man: Turn up the Silence
- Comic story – The Radioactive Manqués!
- Comic story – With Great Power...
Radioactive Man characters