| Kamp Krusty
| Location Information
Kamp Krusty is a summer camp for kids.
Kamp Krusty was a very bad, low-budgeted camp. Krusty himself was not the actual creator of the camp. It was implied that his corporation created the camp and then bribed Krusty to put his name on it, something he later came to regret.
Before the camp opened, a TV commerical aired, promising plenty of fun activities and the prospect of spending the whole summer with Krusty. Instead, there were no fun activities; the campers' cabins were little more than rickety shacks; the kids were put to work as sweatshop laborers and forced to eat gruel; and the overweight kids were put into a fat camp where the food was so bad that Martin was later delighted to have gruel. In addition, Krusty himself never appeared at the camp; it was staffed by an uncaring director (Mr. Black) and the school bullies as counselors.
In spite of the horrific conditions, Bart kept up his spirits by telling himself that Krusty would come. But when Mr. Black tried to pass off a poorly-disguised Barney Gumble as Krusty, that was the last straw. Bart in short order led a revolt where the kids took over, freed the overweight kids from the fat camp, and drove Mr. Black and the bullies away. When the revolution was complete, Bart renamed Kamp Krusty to "Camp Bart", commemorating the takeover by lowering the camp's original flag and raising one that resembled a Jolly Roger.
The kids' revolt made the news. Krusty, who was vacationing in England, saw the coverage, quickly returned to Springfield, and succeeded in restoring order at the camp. Krusty then took all of the kids to Tijuana in order to make up for the bad time they had had.
After Kamp Krusty, all the kids who attended went back home traumatized. Bart and Lisa started to have memory flashes of their time there and remembered trying to escape the camp in a canoe, with another kid called Charlie. The canoe capsized and they feared Charlie had died. However, it turned out he was a spy for a magazine and was actually an adult, and he swam to safety.
After Kamp Krusty had closed down, Krusty turned it into Klub Krusty, an adult retreat.
||The contents of this article or section are considered to be non-canon and therefore may not have actually happened or existed.
The Simpsons Road Rage
In The Simpsons Road Rage
In The Simpsons Road Rage, Kamp Krusty is located in the Springfield Dam level as a possible drop-off location.
The Simpsons: Hit and Run
In The Simpsons: Hit & Run, Kamp Krusty can be found in the Squidport levels. Like in Road Rage, it is located near the Springfield Dam, and an under-construction bridge. The School Bus can be bought here from Otto.
Lisa out in front of the camp in The Simpsons: Hit and Run
The player can interact with areas of the camp. The "Kamp Krusty" flag can be switched to a "Camp Bart" flag. A pig's head on a spear becomes covered with flies when you interact with it. There is also a well which, when interacted with, makes the character fall through and out of a drain near the observatory.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- This section is transcluded from The Simpsons: Tapped Out miscellaneous premium buildings. To edit it, please edit the transcluded page.
||Dimensions - D x W
Kamp Bart (25)
Bart Crusoe Pt. 3
||13 x 11
- In the television episode, Kamp Krusty is a vast place with a number of buildings and nature areas. However, in the game it is extremely small, with no nature areas whatsoever, and very few buildings.
- Kamp Krusty also looks different in the comics: The television episode shows Kamp Krusty as being rustic and run-down and in the middle of nowhere, whereas in the comics the buildings are modern and well-kept and the camp is located right next to a town.
- When the kids are on their way to Kamp Krusty, the bridge leading to the camp collapses just after the bus drives across it. Later, when Krusty takes the kids to Tijuana, they're driving the bus, but how they left isn't specified.
- Martin Prince, Jr. is seen in the overweight institute, along with his friends.