| The Boob Tubery
| Location Information
The Boob Tubery is an electronic appliances store in Springfield. The store sells televisions, satellite dishes and other audiovisual equipment.
Homer bought a satellite dish at The Boob Tubery. When it was time to arrange the installation of the new dish, the clerk asked Homer if he would be home from "8 a.m. Monday morning through June", to which Homer replied, "No problem." The dish was installed in September.
The store is identical to the Try-N-Save.
||The contents of this article or section are considered to be non-canon and therefore may not have actually happened or existed.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- This section is transcluded from The Simpsons: Tapped Out buildings/Shops (premium). To edit it, please edit the transcluded page.
|The Boob Tubery
||Dimensions - D x W
Black Friday 2020 Pt. 4 (purchase 300+)
||5 x 9
||A Warmfyre Welcome|
Shattered Dreams Mystery Box (after event completion)
|Comparing Identical Televisions
Behind the Laughter
- The store's name is a pun on "boob tube", a USA slang term for a television set.
- The installation time frame for Homer's new satellite dish, and its actually being installed three months later, are references to the following stereotypes about cable and satellite companies:
- Giving inconveniently imprecise time frames for when the installation will take place and needing the customer to be present, which commonly requires the customer to take time off from work — "Not a problem" for Homer, though.
- As often as not, failing to meet the quoted time frame for the installation.