| Bob's Big Buddha
| Location Information
Bob's Big Buddha is a Chinese restaurant located in Springfield's Chinatown. Homer briefly worked at the restaurant, writing fortunes for fortune cookies.
The Simpsons visited Bob's Big Buddha and enjoyed their meals, but were unimpressed with the fortunes in their fortune cookies, which included such bland sayings as "Geese can be troublesome" and "Every house has a bathroom." When Homer complained to the manager, the manager challenged Homer to come up with better fortunes. After a moment's thought, Homer said, "You will be aroused by a shampoo commercial", which the manager said wasn't bad. He then hired Homer on the spot and told the other fortune writers that Homer wrote better fortunes than all of them put together.
In his brief career as a fortune writer, Homer's creations included the following:
- The price of stamps will climb ever higher. (The other fortune writers liked this one.)
- You will invent a humorous toilet lid.
- Your store is being robbed, Apu.
- You will take a short sea voyage. (The Sea Captain got this fortune and said that was something he would like.)
- You are a real winner. (Lenny got it and said, "That fortune cookie really nailed me! And my winning ways!")
- You will find true love on Flag Day.
Mr. Burns got the Flag Day fortune with his meal, which he happened to eat on the evening of Flag Day. When he realized there were only a few hours left in the day, he immediately went out in search for his true love and found Gloria at twelve seconds to midnight.
||The contents of this article or section are considered to be non-canon and therefore may not have actually happened or existed.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- This section is transcluded from The Simpsons: Tapped Out buildings/Restaurants (premium). To edit it, please edit the transcluded page.