- "If you love the parched, barren look of the real Las Vegas, get ready for desert-themed scenery in an update coming soon!"
- ―Event teaser from the Burns' Casino Act 3 questline.
- "It turns out the casino craze was just a craze – who knew - but what’s next for our favorite town? A dustup over dirt? More casinos? Well, probably not that. We’ll figure out some new ideas after we go on that team building low ropes course Gary suggested.
New characters, new buildings and new stories are coming soon!
- ―Event teaser on the App Store.
- "Grass may be greener and concrete cleaner, but it's on DIRT that duels are done. Play our update coming soon, get new dirt tiles for your town, and prepare for a showdown!"
- ―Event teaser on the Facebook page.
- "Remember, X marks the spot, XX means poison, and XXX is moonshine. Don’t mix them up, and play our update coming soon to find Springfield’s secret treasure!"
- ―2nd Event teaser on the Facebook page.
- "Springfield is heading west! (Or maybe it already was west? We’re still not really sure on its location.) With dirt roads, old timey buildings, bandits, and a treasure trove of gold, you’ll be dying of dysentery before you can shoot a buffalo.
Play today to:
- Change the look of your town with dirt!
- Save your town from invading bandits!
- Hunt for hidden gold!
- Unlock unique animated scenes with every Act and see the story come to life!
- And much much more!"
- ―Event Description on the App Store.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out Wild West content update, was released on April 19, 2016 and was the one hundred and twentyfifth content update. It was teased by EA on the Burns' Casino Act 3 questline, on the App Store on the Burns' Casino Takedown update and on April 17th and 18th on the game's Facebook page.
The event is split into three parts, akin to most recent events.
This act ended May 3rd at 8am BST.
This act ended May 17th at 8am BST.
This act, and the event, ended May 30th at 11:59pm BST.