Looking for Mr. Goodbart/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The title of the episode is a reference to the 1975 novel Looking for Mr. Goodbar.
- The couch gag is a parody of The Big Bang Theory's opening theme.
- "Just a Gigolo" by David Lee Roth plays during the first scene with Bart.
- Peekimon Get is a parody of Pokémon GO, a mobile app by Niantic.
- Parodies of Pokémon names are heard:
- The scene of Lisa and Homer going around the map is a parody of how Pokémon are caught in the game.
- The song heard in the search for Phoebe and during the credits are parodies of the first occidental Pokémon Theme.
- The Peekimon appear during the Gracie Films closing screen.
- A gravestone for Clinton-Kaine is seen in Springfield Cemetery with "I'm with her" written on the gravestone.
- Bart says that he's juggling "fifty shades of grey", a reference to the book of the same name.
- The design of Phoebe is based on Jane Goodall.
- Wiggum mentions Pete Sampras and the Williams sisters (Serena and Venus Williams).
- Dame Judi Denchers is a reference to Judi Dench.
- Gravestones for The Simpsons crew members Kevin Curran and Don Payne are seen in Springfield Cemetery.
- The Maggie segment from Good Night plays after the title screen.
- Homer is seen playing Pokémon GO, the app Peekimon Get is parodying, on his phone in the special short Pokémon Now?.
- The graves of Hyman Krustofsky ("Clown in the Dumps"), Edna Krabappel ("The Man Who Grew Too Much"), Bleeding Gums Murphy ("'Round Springfield"), Maude Flanders ("Alone Again, Natura-Diddily") and Shary Bobbins ("Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious") all appear in Springfield Cemetery.
- Frank Grimes' grave ("Homer's Enemy") is a popular Peekimon spawn point. His ghost ("Treehouse of Horror XXVII") appears in the couch gag.
- C.H.U.M. ("Fat Man and Little Boy") and Maya ("Eeny Teeny Maya, Moe") both play Peekimon Get.
- The Tracey Ullman Show's logo appears.
- The song refers to Grampa fighting bulls as toreador. ("Million-Dollar Abie")
- The song mentions Lisa becoming vegetarian. ("Lisa the Vegetarian")
- The images from the 30 years of the show shown during the couch gag are:
- In the couch gag's sequence, the timeline has "Barting Over" as episode 300. The 300th episode is The Strong Arms of the Ma, though "Barting Over" was advertised as the 300th episode when it aired 14 years ago.