| Buzz Cola
| Food/Drink Information
Buzz Cola is a popular cola drink in Springfield.
There are several different varieties available around Springfield, including Crystal Buzz Cola, Caffeine-Free Buzz Cola, Buzz Cola with Lemon and Buzz 2XUB, which carries the slogan "twice the sugar, twice the caffeine".
Bart is often seen drinking it whilst Homer drinks Duff beer. Buzz Cola with Lemon was introduced by Mayor Quimby at the opening of the Snowball II Municipal Cat Park with the slogan "damn, that's a lemony cola!"
Notable Buzz Cola advertisements include
- A television ad depicting lot of sad old people, who instantly become cool when they drink Buzz Cola.
- An ad before a movie showing an Allied Forces soldier storming the Normandy beaches and charging at a German, who falls to the ground dead. The Allied soldier then reaches for a can of Buzz Cola in his belt pocket with the slogan "Buzz Cola: The taste you'll kill for!" with the dead German adding "available in ze lobby".
- There was also an advertisement based on Planet of the Apes.
- They also sponsor American Idol.
Buzz Cola plays a major role in the video game The Simpsons: Hit & Run. In the game, Krusty the Clown promotes a "new improved Buzz Cola", which in reality is a drink made by Kang and Kodos that makes people crazy. Their plan is to drive the townspeople insane and destroy their own town, all which would be shown on a reality show called Foolish Earthlings. The aliens planned to put up stands in the Springfield Squidport giving out free ray guns, so that the cola-infected townspeople would shoot each other and cause major carnage. The Simpsons and Apu expose their plan, and Bart destroys all the ray gun stands. However, the aliens instead spread the cola through the water supply, which instead of turning the people of Springfield crazy, it awakens the dead. Kang and Kodos are later defeated when Homer uses radioactive waste to destroy their spaceship.
Ingredients: Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, caramel color, phosphoric acid, natural flavor, caffenine.
Behind the Laughter
- Buzz Cola is based on real-life brand "Jolt Cola". According to the Simpsons Movie website, a 24 pack costs $12.99. Buzz Cola was sold in some re-designed 7-Eleven stores, which became Kwik-E-Marts, to promote The Simpsons Movie.
- It is a licensed product of 20th Century Fox.
- A soda called "Buzzz Cola" was a major plot point of the 1984 film Surf II: The End of the Trilogy. Interestingly enough, the rights to Surf II were later acquired among other titles by 20th Century Fox following the closure of the film's original distributor, Media Home Entertainment.
- Bart is often seen drinking it whilst Homer drinks Duff beer.
- The advertisement of cocaine in Buzz Cola is a reference to Coca-Cola originally containing cocaine.