A Tree Grows in Springfield/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
"A Tree Grows in Springfield"
- The episode's title is a reference to the novel, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, as well as its film and stage adaptations.
- The episode is a reference to Steve Jobs death in 2011.
- Peanuts: Moe describes the expression on Homer's face as "like one of them Charlie Brown wiggle-frowns".
- When Homer is showing Marge the myPad's apps, Homer says that Tapped Out, an obvious reference to The Simpsons game The Simpsons: Tapped Out, is one of the apps. When he taps on it though, a screen comes up and says "Unavailable", which is a reference to The Simpsons: Tapped Out's unreliable connectivity issues and a reference to the 6-month period when The Simpsons: Tapped Out was not on the iOS App Store.
- Steve Mobbs taunts Homer that he could buy something from Hewlett Packard if he didn't submit and agree to buy all of Mapple's future products.
- Marge refers to the Mypad as an adult Etch A Sketch.
- The "Rosetta Crone" translator app is a parody of Rosetta Stone language software.
- The "Churro Chaser" app Homer is using to find the freshest churros is a parody of Chubby chaser.
- One of the mustaches Homer tries on is of Julius Pringles, mascot of Pringles.
- When Homer shows Marge what he calls "a cool 70s mustache" on his Mypad he says "I'm Sonny Bono--watch out for that tree!", he is referring to musician and politician Sonny Bono's death by skiing into a tree.
- Vengeful Pigs is a parody of Angry Birds.
- The Springfield General Hospital board says "Obamacare bitterly provided".
- The "Logomania" section is a parody of the Logorama short film.
- The Slurm logo is seen in this segment. Slurm is a soft drink from Futurama and is again a reference to Logorama, which featured the Slurm logo in it.
- Principal Skinner calls his hobby horse "Buttermilk", the name of Dale Evans' horse which appeared in numerous westerns.
- In a trailer shown by Animation on Fox, in a modified scene at the zoo, Homer is playing Pokémon Go.
||This is incomplete.
Please improve the article, or discuss the issue on the talk page.
What is missing is: Needs list of logo brands and the episodes they are from
- The following characters appeared:
- Logos and signs of the following appeared:
- The following media brands appear:
- The following other logos and pictures are seen:
- Absolut Krusty ("Barting Over", "Bart Gets a "Z"", "The Man in the Blue Flannel Pants")
- Blocko ("Hungry, Hungry Homer", "The Food Wife", "The D'oh-cial Network")
- Blue Bronco Energy Drink ("Bart Gets a "Z"")
- Burly Paper Towels ("The Blunder Years")
- Cheapo Brothers ("Treehouse of Horror XX")
- Focusyn ("Brother's Little Helper")
- Funtendo ("Million Dollar Maybe" et al.)
- George Plimpton Hotplate ("I'm Spelling as Fast as I Can")
- Ignorital ("The Good, the Sad, and the Drugly")
- Motherloving Sugar Corp. ("Sweets and Sour Marge")
- Li'l Fatso Cupcakes ("All's Fair in Oven War")
- Lunar Lemon ("Bart Gets a "Z"")
- Moe et Chandon ("Treehouse of Horror XXI", "Donnie Fatso")
- Plow King ("Mr. Plow" et al.)
- The Pooter Toot Express ("500 Keys")
- Powersauce ("King of the Hill")
- Stabby-Oh's ("Bye, Bye, Nerdie")
- Tac Tics ("Oh Brother, Where Bart Thou?")
- Springfield Meltdowns ("Million-Dollar Abie")
- UPKCC ("The Great Wife Hope")
- Grandma Plopwell's Pudding ("They Saved Lisa's Brain")
- Festival Cruise Lines ("Little Orphan Millie")
- Ovenfresh ("All's Fair in Oven War")
- Chianti Di Salsiccia ("The Italian Bob")