Treehouse of Horror XXX/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The opening sequence is a parody mash-up of The Omen and The Exorcist.
- Dr. Hibbert is playing Tetris.
- Homer says that giving Bart a baby brother is like introducing Frankenstein to Count Dracula, Dick Cheney to George W. Bush or Ben Affleck to anybody.
- A poster for the Finding Nemo appears, shortened to "Nemo".
- A poster for the movie Racecar appears, a parody of Cars.
- On the mirror, Homer sees Nemo's poster mirrored with the text OMEN appearing. This is a reference to The Shining.
- Mickey Mouse and the Number of the Beast, 666, appear as marks on Maggie's head.
- It's a parody of Netflix's Stranger Things.
- The title card appears in the same font as the show's.
- The theme song plays during the title card and intermissions.
- Stranger Things was previously parodied as Odder Stuff in Season 30 episode "I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can".
- Lisa goes to the Starcourt Mall, where many important scenes from the third season of the show happen.
- The rats in the scene are a reference to the ones coming out of the mall in the show, an important point in the story from Chapter 2: The Mall Rats onward.
- Jane Fonda's Legwarmers of Death is a reference to Jane Fonda.
- Charles in Charge is a reference to the television sitcom Charles in Charge.
- Lisa shaves her head like Eleven's.
- Bart plays the controversial Atari 2600 game E.T., showing off perfectly how the game is bad, while Milhouse mentions the movie.
- Kirk Van Houten throws out a Mr. T lunchbox, a Prince album, and a walkman.
- Bart said that Milhouse drank a lot of New Coke.
- In the Over Under, a parody of the show's Upside Down, The Tracey Ullman Show version of Lisa and Bart, as well as the Demogorgon appear.
- Amazon delivers in the Over Under, with a fleet of flying monsters to deliver packages.
Heaven Swipes Right
- The segment is a parody of Heaven Can Wait.
- God sold Heaven to Google.
- God wears a Miami Marlins shirt.
- Homer parodies Porky Pig's phrase "That's all folks".
- Choices of bodies:
- While in Mr. Teeny's body, Homer roots for the apes in Planet of the Apes.
When Hairy Met Slimy
- The segment title is a reference to When Harry Met Sally...
- The plot of the segment is a parody of The Shape of Water.
- Kang uses The Infinity Gauntlet just like Thanos did in the Marvel universe.
- Kodos is Klingon curious and always up for some Deep Space Nine, referencing the Star Trek race and the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine series.
- Matt Selman's credit "Midselmmar" is a reference to the 2019 horror film Midsommar.
- John Frink's credit "Beeltefrink! Beeltefrink! Beeltefrink!" is a reference to the comedy horror film Beetlejuice.
- Rob LaZebnik's credit "Creature From the Black LaZebnik" is a reference to the 1954 horror film Creature from the Black Lagoon.
- Dan Vebber's credit "Come Play With Us, Danny Vebber" is a reference to The Shining.
- Megan Amram's credit "The Amarityville Horror" is a reference to the book The Amityville Horror.
- Dan Castellaneta's credit "Village of the Danned" is a reference to the 1960 film Village of the Damned.
- Tim Long's credit "Tim Long, and Thanks For All the Fish" is a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- Mike Reiss' credit "Diam M for Mike Reiss" is a reference to the film Dial M for Murder.
- Mike B. Anderson's credit "Destroy All Monsters B. Anderson" is a reference to the film Destroy All Monsters.
- Denise Sirkot's credit "Denise+" is a reference to Disney+.
- Dan Castellaneta's credit "Danny's Not Here, Mrs. Torrance" is a reference to The Shining.
- Yeardley Smith's credit "Laurel and Yeardley" is a reference to the comedy duo Laurel & Hardy.
- Chris Edgerly's credit "It Grudge-rly" is a reference to the movies It and The Grudge.
- Andrea Romero's credit "Andrea "La Llorona" Romero" is a reference to the supernatural horror film The Curse of La Llorona.
- Richard K. Chung's credit "Atilla the Chung" is a reference to Atilla the Hun.
- Hans Zimmer's credit "Scissorhands Zimmer" is a reference to the film Edward Scissorhands.
- Steve Kofsky's credit "The Devil's Own Mr. Kofsky" is a reference to the 1997 film The Devil's Own.
- Norm MacLeod's credit "Norman "Bates" MacLeod" is a reference to the psychological horror film Psycho.
- Louise Jaffe credit "Lulu the Friendly Ghost" is a reference to Casper the Friendly Ghost.
- Lisa Walder's credit "Lisa Waldemort" is a reference to Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter.
- Daniel Furlong's credit "I Know What You Did Last Furlong" is a reference to the slasher film I Know What You Did Last Summer.
- Patrick Laffoon's credit "Night of the Laffoon Dead" is a reference to the horror film Night of the Living Dead.
Heaven Swipes Right
- An Odgenvillian with a Minnesota Vikings jersey is seen in the crowd at the football scene. ("Coming to Homerica")
- A photo of Professor Farnsworth is shown as one of the choices of bodies. ("Simpsorama")
- A photo of the The Rolling Stones is shown as one of the choices of bodies. ("How I Spent My Strummer Vacation")
- The Simpsons family have dinner at Chalmers' house. ("Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts")
- The mark of the beast on Maggie's head changes to "Episode 666 or 667 if Fox changes the schedule", referencing the actual number of the episode and the fact that Fox tends to change the air schedules of their show costantly, many times condamning them to cancellation.
- A mosaic with a scene from each Treehouse of Horror episode is shown, with the text "Treehouse of Horror XXX" super-impressed. Afterwards, a mosaic with a scene from each of the 600 episodes of the show is shown, with the text "Episode 666" super-impressed.