Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The title of the episode and plot is a reference to the TV series Undercover Boss.
- The creepy song in the power plant, "You'll Work for Me", is a parody of "It's a Scary Place" from "Bobby, It's Cold Outside", which in turn is a parody of the song from the Disneyland ride It's a Small World.
- One of the specialists making Burns' undercover suit is the face mask specialist from Mission: Impossible.
- The scenes where Mr. Burns puts on the Fred Kranepool suit, and the user interface in the suit, is a reference to Iron Man's suit from Marvel Comics.
- Fred Kranepool mentions John Barleycorn, when talking about beer.
- During the friendship montage, "Why Can't We Be Friends?" by War plays.
- Homer sings the song afterwards at the Karaoke.
- Fred, Homer, Lenny and Carl sing "The Spaniard That Blighted My Life" by Billy Merson.
- Burns' bed time story is The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.
- During the new working environment montage "Bang the Drum All Day" by Todd Rundgren plays.
- Lenny compares himself to Audrey Hepburn.
- Smithers mentions that the power plant could go the same way of the Sears catalogue and 20th Century Fox.
- When Mr. Burns becomes evil again, the cooling towers have Sauron's eyes over them.
- One of the Fred Kranepool costumes resembles an Oompa-Loompa.
- This is the first episode where Hank Azaria does not play Carl Carlson as he stepped down from the role. Alex Désert took over the role and will voice Carl from this episode onward.
- The plot of the episode is similar to a The Simpsons Winter Wingding story, Pete Za Party, which also had Mr. Burns going undercover at the power plant and making positive changes to make the employees happier.
- The episode's start was delayed by 7 minutes due to the football game ending late.