Gorillas on the Mast/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The title of the episode is a reference to the movie Gorillas in the Mist.
- Aquatraz Water Park is a reference to Alcatraz Island.
- Shame-u is a reference to the killer whale Shamu.
- Homer sings "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding.
- The boat salesman sings "Drunken Salesman", a parody of "Drunken Sailor".
- Groundskeeper Willie helping to free the whale is a reference to the film Free Willy.
- Marge mentions Johnny Depp and his financial troubles.
- Lolo the gorilla signs the sign language for Seinfeld. Later, Lisa puts on Seinfeld to make Lolo calm.
- When Bart speaks in Pig Latin, Milhouse thinks he said something about going on eBay.
- Lenny and Carl play "Takin' Care of Business" by Bachman–Turner Overdrive on the stereo.
- The boat salesman tells Homer that James Cameron might take interest in his sunken ship, a reference to Titanic.
- One of the gorilla "sanctuaries" mentions making a "Planet of the Apes".
- Another gorilla "sanctuary", UTA, mentions shaving gorillas to make them a body double of Bruce Willis.
- Hans Moleman said that he's 88 years old, and never learned how to swim.
- The season 31 premiere "The Winter of Our Monetized Content" said that Homer would buy a boat on November 3rd, which he did this episode, which aired on November 3rd.
- Carlotta Carlson and Lainie Leonard appear again. ("The Blue and the Gray")