The Day of the Dolphin
| The Day of the Dolphin
| Level Information
"The Day of the Dolphin" is the seventh level of The Simpsons Game.
Kang and Kodos had invaded Springfield and used a laser to cause dolphins to attack humans. They have taken over the Springfield Squidport, where Bart and Lisa free Captain McCallister, who was attached to a post by the dolphins. He gets in his boat and heads to a hatch while Bart and Lisa make their way across the pier beating dolphins. When they enter, Lisa uses the "Hand of Buddha" to make a bridge dropping billboards on the water so they can get past a boathouse. Then, she uses the Buddha's Hand power flick to throw the dolphins to a big ship and make it fall to the water so Bart and Lisa can jump on it and get to another pier. They enter a wooden tunnel and get to a big fast spinning octopus-shaped wheel (which makes Bart and Lisa fall if they approach it), where a door that leads to the pipe is locked. When they defeat all the dolphins, the door opens. Bart and Lisa see King Snorky, the dolphin king, kidnap the Captain and jump into the pipe so they jump on the Captain's boat to get to it. Now they are inside the dolphins giant cave, full of shells, oysters, starfishes and big pools and aquariums. King Snorky is on the top of an oyster above an aquarium. Lots of dolphins come from the three aquariums, two of which can be closed to reduce the number of dolphins. Bart can use his slingshot to shoot at the oyster and make King Snorky fall to the water, but he immediately gets up again. To defeat him, Lisa uses the Buddha's hand to make a way up some rocks to another meditation point using giant trampoline jellyfishes. When she gets to that meditation point, she uses the Budha's Hand again to place an electric eel inside King Snorky's aquarium. Now when Bart shoots at the oyster, King Snorky falls to the water and dies. Captain McCallister then thanks Bart and Lisa, almost breaking the fourth wall in the process, while Kang and Kodos look them from their spaceship, eating egg rolls.
When the level starts, dolphins will infinitely spawn. Have Lisa jump up to the Buddha Statue and use the Hand of Buddha to flick the dolphins into a billboard. This will knock it down and open up the next part of the level. Go through the boathouse and onto the next part of the pier. Bart will have to shoot a target to lower a bouncy boat to cross. Have Lisa jump up to the next Buddha Statue and flick the dolphins at the three other billboards. Once these are down and the dolphins are defeated, use Hand of Buddha to move them over to form a bridge to the next part of the pier. Cross the bridge to the dragon ride. Have Lisa jump across the bits of broken pier to the next Buddha statue and flick the dolphins into the dragon boat to destroy it. Once it is destroyed, Bart can cross and grappling hook up to the billboard. Have Bart cross the zipline and pull a lever, opening up the pipe to the Paradise Aquarium. Then enter the pipe.
Once in the Aquarium, go to the right hand side and have Lisa press a button on the center tank. This will close it off, creating a platform. Climb up onto the tank then up to a Buddha statue. Then get Bart into place so he can hit the target in King Snorky's tank. He can either do this by getting up to the side of the tank, or using the RoboBart power up to shoot the target through the glass. Hit the target and drop Snorky into the water then use Lisa's Hand of Buddha to pick up a jellyfish, drop it into the electric eel tank to electrify it, then drop it into Snorky's tank. Do this three times to defeat Snorky.
Things To Do
- Get past the boathouse.
- Build a bridge to the next pier.
- Enter the aquarium through the hatch.
- Dunk and defeat King Snorky.
There are seven Krusty Koupons, four Malibu Stacy Seals and one cliché in the level:
- Shoot the targets in the Tipsy Balls stand at the start of the pier.
- After knocking down the billboard, go to the left of the boathouse and find ropes to climb to the Koupon.
- Shoot the targets at the Pop-N-Win stand.
- After pulling the lever to open the pipe, turn around and head over the platforms and use the Grappling Hook.
- Shoot the target underneath a whale where Lisa can collect a Malibu Stacy Seal. Jump up the jellyfish then use the steam from the blowhole to reach another whale with the Koupon on.
- Press a button on the tank of the left side of the aquarium then climb onto the new platform. Climb another ladder then use the rope ladders to get across to the Koupon.
- On the right side of Snorky's tank there is a clam that emits steam. Use the steam to get to a rope ladder and climb it to the Koupon.
Finding all seven rewards the Marine World Trophy.
Malibu Stacy Seals
- On the left side of the first boathouse.
- Behind the hatch that the lever Bart pulls opens up.
- When in the aquarium, jump down to the left straight away.
- Use the bouncy jellyfish to get on top of a whale.
Finding all four rewards the Marine Biology Stacy Trophy.