Shadow of the Colossal Donut
| Shadow of the Colossal Donut
| Level Information
"Shadow of the Colossal Donut" is the eighth level of The Simpsons Game.
After the level "Enter the Cheatrix" is finished, three more levels open up at the Simpsons house backyard. These can be taken in any order, but following the story, this is the next level. Also, this level introduces Homer's new power, "Heli-Homer".
Kang and Kodos' invasion in Springfield included attacking dolphins, which Bart and Lisa defeated. Kang and Kodos shot a laser at a Lard Lad statue which made him come to life and destroy the city. Almost all buildings have been destroyed by Lard Lad's laser. Kent Brockman is reporting the chaos in live from his helicopter, watching how Homer and Bart try to beat Lard Lad. He attacks them when he sees them with his laser and his stomps. Plus, his laser can make little Krustys come to life by shooting at Krusty Burger billboards. They will attack Homer and Bart, but they are weak and can be easily beaten by shooting them or using Homer Ball boosts. To get food, Homer can eat tacos from a taco van, ask for food at the Krusty Burger or get food from donuts billboards, since Lard Lad's laser can also make drawn food real. Lard Lad shoots them every time he sees them, but he has a weakness, three hatches in his butt, back and head. Bart can use his slingshot to open the hatch in his butt (which will stop him), jump on it and disable his wiring. But the hatch in his back is too high, so to get to it Bart has to go to the top of a building and jump from there. The third hatch is in his head really high up, but Homer can use his new power to get to it: Heli-Homer. He can breath helium to become a ball and float until the gas is out. When Homer floats to Lard Lad's head and disables the wiring in the last hatch, Lard Lad will fall to the floor. Kang and Kodos look from their spaceship as Homer pounds away at the fallen statue's crotch, much to his son's embarrassment.
Start off with getting Bart to shoot at the hatch on Lard Lad's butt. This will get it to open. Jump up onto the hatch then press the button to break the wiring. Lard Lad will then run away. Repeat this with the second hatch, on his back. Lard Lad will go to a place where it's possible for you to climb up them jump down onto his hatch. Repeat this a third time, with the hatch on his head. Lard Lad will go to the prison. Have Homer-Ball dash into the fire hydrant next to the prison so Bartman can glide up to the roof. Then have Bart jump down onto Lard Lad's hatch to interact with him for the third and final time.
Meanwhile, EA Mini Krustys will be attacking you constantly, and Rigellians will spawn in at some point too.
Things To Do
- Open Lard Lad's first hatch and disable his wiring.
- Open Lard Lad's second hatch and disable his wiring.
- Open Lard Lad's third hatch and disable his wiring.
There are nine Duff Caps, ten Krusty Koupons and one cliché in the level:
- Jump up at the Krustylu Studios sign.
- On top of the Lard Lad Donuts store, use the dumpster on the side to bounce up.
- Behind Lard Lad Donuts in the left corner is a ledge you can jump up. Climb up this.
- Climb onto the crane and grab the Duff Cap from it.
- Use the helium next to this same crane to get into the pipe the crane is holding up.
- Jump up onto the construction frame and use the helium to turn into Heli-Homer. Float up to the Duff Cap on a platform above.
- Next to The Frying Dutchman is a rotating fish sign. Use the helium canister next to it to float up as Heli-Homer.
- Get to the top of the Grease Recycling Plant then jump down onto a wooden dock.
- Get onto the Adult Education Center, then onto the building next to it.
Finding all nine rewards the Deep Fried Duff Trophy.
- Jump into the top of the three stacked pipes at the beginning of the level.
- Around the back of Lard Lad Donuts is a broken wall. Climb it.
- Jump up onto the construction structure.
- Have Homer-Ball dash into the fire hydrant next to the prison. Use Bartman to glide up and over the wall into the prison. The Koupon is around the back of the building.
- Get to the top of the Adult Education Center then drop down to the awning.
- On the side of The Ritz Hotel for Transients, climb up the broken wall then shimmy around to the front of the building.
- At the Springfield Youth Center, grapple onto the clock on the side to get up to the ledge. Follow it around.
- Use the jump pads to get to the top of the big green factory then go round the back on the roof.
- Glide over to the Grease Recycling Plant and collect the Koupon on top.
- Jump off the side of the Grease Recycling Plant onto a dock.
Finding all ten rewards the Krusty Meal Trophy.