'Tis the 30th Season/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
"'Tis the 30th Season"
- The episode title is a reference to 'Tis the Season and the season 15 episode "'Tis the Fifteenth Season".
- In the Couch gag, Marge, Lisa, Maggie and Bart are upside down on the ceiling. When wampa-Homer comes to attack them, Bart uses the force to grab the light saber and cut its hand. This scene is a reference to the scene in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, where Luke Skywalker, to save himself from the wampa, grabs the light saber with the force and cuts its hand with it, just like Bart.
- At the church, on the way back to Springfield, the wind caused by them passing by removes the letters from the marquee, making it "New Star Wars".
- The TV the kids want is branded GL, a parody of LG Electronics.
- Bart and Lisa hum along to the carol "Good King Wenceslas".
- The song later plays during the end credits.
- The scene where Marge and Homer plot the Black Friday at Sprawl-Mart is reminiscent of the scene of Adolf Hitler's outrage in the 2004 movie Downfall. Homer also mentions the Nazis.
- The Sprawl-Mart employee says "Welcome to Thunderdome", a reference to Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.
- Gerald Samson is seen with an Xbox Infinity console.
- The Spucklers sing a parody of "Jingle Bells".
- Homer suggests calling Marge an Uber.
- During one of the advent calendar scenes, "O Christmas Tree" plays.
- Nine Flags Underwater is a reference to Six Flags.
- Yankees Fantasy Camp and Suck Fantasy Camp are some of the locations for the vacation, starring Wade Boggs.
- Kissimmee St. Nick Theme Park and Resort is a reference to the St Nicholas Anglican Church in Kissimmee, FL.
- The scene where Homer is preparing to drug Marge is set to the song "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg.
- Bart and Lisa sing "Silent Night" by Franz Xaver Gruber and Joseph Mohr to Marge.
- Bart changes the bumper sticker for the Tennessee Titans with one for the Atlanta Falcons.
- Thelonious Skunk is a reference to Thelonious Monk.
- Disney is shown creating Family Guy World, a new park theme created around Family Guy. The show's theme is heard while its creation is shown.
- In the Hall of Vice Presidents, among the vice presidents are: Thomas Jefferson, Walter Mondale, Gerald Ford, Andrew Johnson, Spiro Agnew, Aaron Burr, Theodore Roosevelt, George W. Bush, Lyndon B. Johnson, Joe Biden, Adlai Stevenson II, Schuyler Colfax, Chester A. Arthur and Richard Nixon.
- Homer says that according to the soundtrack of Hamilton, Aaron Burr was a real jerk.
- Bart and Milhouse use FaceTime on their phones.
- The scene of the vice presidents' heads under the cover is a reference to The Godfather's scene with the horse head under the cover.
- As the family are going home, "Carol of the Bells" plays. It also plays during the end credits.
- Jeanie has a "as seen on COPS" shirt.
- The sign at the Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop says "Have a Marvel Christmas and a DC New Year".
- The RX# on the bottom of the Snoozafed is the same as the episode's production code, YABF02.