Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The title of the episode is a reference to Jacob's Ladder, referring to a ladder to heaven described in the Book of Genesis.
- The plot, wherein Bart sees dead people and helps them with their unfinished business, is the plot of The Sixth Sense.
- Bart tricks Lisa into playing The Scary Maze Game.
- Homer trows board games into the fire:
- In the VHS collection, there are recordings of
- When Homer presses play on the VHS, the 1997 Ricola commercial.
- On the Homer's Xxxercise tape, the song "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John plays.
- Rod and Todd recite the lines "If I die before I wake, I pray the lord my soul to take" from the Christian child's prayer "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep".
- In Bart's brain, The Scream by Edward Munch appears, with Bart as the screamer.
- A chalkboard saying "Roots of Singh" is also seen, a reference to Simon Singh. On the chalkboard is the equation x^5-57x^4+1249x^3-13191x^2+67438x-134064=0, which has solutions x=19,9,14,7,8, using the code A=1, B=2, etc, this spells "SINGH".
- Homer mentions getting every answer in Jeopardy! wrong.
- The final montage is a parody Six Feet Under's series finale.
- Bart posted the pictures of the prank on Lisa on MyTube. ("Elementary School Musical")
- Amongst the ghosts appears:
- Maude Flanders ("Treehouse of Horror XIII")
- Snowball II, Snowball III and Snowball III ("I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot")
- Albert ("Walking Big & Tall")
- Shary Bobbins ("Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious")
- Amber Simpson ("Viva Ned Flanders")
- Alice Glick ("Three Men and a Comic Book")
- Ice cream man ("Ice Cream of Margie (with the Light Blue Hair)")
- Waylon Smithers, Sr. ("The Blunder Years")
- Marvin Monroe ("There's No Disgrace Like Home")
- Jebediah Springfield ("The Telltale Head")
- Frankie the Squealer ("Insane Clown Poppy")
- Maude's death scene is shown. ("Alone Again, Natura-Diddily")