E My Sports/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The episode name is a reference to Bart's catchphrase Eat my shorts! and to eSports.
- The Simpson family play Risk, Monopoly and Aggravation. They also played The Game of Life.
- The kids play Conflict of Enemies, a parody of League of Legends and Dota 2 as E Sport. One of the kids in their team looks like League of Legends player Faker. Bart is also using Fnatic Gear as equipment to play. The dance the characters do at the end of one of the matches is a reference to Fortnite dances.
- Opponents who the Evergreen Terrors face include:
- The Evergreen Terrors is a reference to Evergreen Terrace.
- Calgary Lames is a reference to the Calgary Flames NHL team.
- Homer reads the book Training a Tiger by Earl Woods, Tiger Woods' father. He later appears in the club with other fathers of famous sports peoples.
- The Detonator says he watched Bart's Twitch feed.
- Homer mentions Malcolm Gladwell's statement in his book Outliers that 10,000 hours are needed to become a specialist at anything.
- Homer sings "We Are the Champions" by Queen.
- Courtyard by DMZ is a reference to the Courtyard by Marriott hotel chain and the Korean Demilitarized Zone.
- The minifridge in Courtyard by DMZ contains M&M's and Pringles.
- Signs for the band BTS are seen around Seoul.
- Games shown after the electricity cuts out include Pac-Man, Pong and a game resembling The Legend of Zelda, expecially the original game and the Breath of the Wild 2d prototype based on it.
- Riot police is a reference to Riot Games, the producers of one of the games Conflict of Enemies parodies, League of Legends.
- Marge draws a salt mandala of the image of the Simpson family used on script covers.
- Bart is shown having a little mustache and shaving it with a shaving machine ("Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles").
- At Nelson's house, the Nuke the Whales poster is shown. ("Lisa's Date with Density").