Bart's Not Dead/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The title of the episode is a reference to the movie God's Not Dead.
- The title may also be a reference to the Dead Bart fake episode creepypasta.
- The song "One More Chance" is a parody of "One Day More" from Les Misérables.
- The room the aliens in the couch gag are in is similar to the room David Bowman finds himself in at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- Christian movies seen include:
- Rotten Communion Wafers is a reference to the website Rotten Tomatoes.
- On the wall of plot ideas, there is a note saying that "Homer = Hugh Jackman".
- In the interview with Emily Deschanel, Homer references her role as Temperance "Bones" Brennan in Bones.
- In the interview with Gal Gadot, she, Homer and Ned reference her role as Gisele Yashar in Fast and Furious and as Wonder Woman in the DC Extended Universe.
- Homer mentions Paul Thomas Anderson.
- Homer says that nothing in Argo was true and that he has strong doubts about The Incredibles.
- Homer asks if they can tell the truth after the Golden Globe Awards.
- The people in Jewish Heaven include Joan Rivers, King David, Hyman Krustofsky, Golda Meir, Albert Einstein and Moshe Dayan.
- Clips showed in the opening:
- Sideshow Bob trying to launch the missile. ("Gone Boy")
- Homer surrounded by bobbleheads. ("The Town")
- Young Homer and Bart staring at the sky. ("Barthood")
- The Simpsons with Fry, Leela and Bender. ("Simpsorama")
- Lego versions of the Simpson family. ("Brick Like Me")
- Mr. Burns as Fruit Bat Man. ("Dark Knight Court")
- The future Simpson family. ("Holidays of Future Passed")
- Katy Perry and puppet versions of the Simpsons. ("The Fight Before Christmas")
- Marge curling. ("Boy Meets Curl")
- Maggie on a throne with light coming out of her. ("Gone Maggie Gone")
- Homer having a flashback of his life. ("Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind")
- Bart on the phone to Jack Bauer. ("24 Minutes")
- Stories within stories within stories. ("The Seemingly Never-Ending Story")
- Homer dancing in Catholic Heaven. ("The Father, the Son and the Holy Guest Star")
- Lisa all dressed up and singing. ("The President Wore Pearls")
- Krusty against a Democrat on a Fox News segment. ("Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington")
- Homer cutting himself shaving and rainbows come out. ("Weekend at Burnsie's")
- Young Homer putting a crayon up his nose. ("HOMЯ")
- Willie Nelson applauding, with his hair going up. ("Behind the Laughter")
- Stephen Hawking taking off in his wheelchair. "(They Saved Lisa's Brain")
- Homer getting beaten up backstage at a U2 concert. ("Trash of the Titans")
- Homer shielding Bart's eyes from the gay club. ("Homer's Phobia")
- Gary Chalmers holding a burger and referring to it as "Steamed Hams". ("22 Short Films About Springfield")
- The "Do It For Her" sign in Homer's office. ("And Maggie Makes Three")
- Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes. ("Cape Feare")
- Leonard Nimoy saying "the cosmic ballet goes on". "(Marge vs. the Monorail")
- Ken Griffey, Jr. suffering from gigantism. ("Homer at the Bat")
- Homer jumping the Springfield Gorge on Bart's skateboard. "(Bart the Daredevil")
- Homer coming home to his family at Christmas with Santa's Little Helper. ("Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire")
- Jimbo says that he loves Echo Canyon, a reference to the short "Echo Canyon".
- Homer says to Marge "as someone who has fallen off of cliffs lots of times", a reference to multiple occasions in which he did, including "Bart the Daredevil".
- On the "Thank you, Springfield Film Commision" image, "Commission" is spelled as "Commision".