Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The title of the episode is a reference to the fictional character Atticus Finch from the 1960 novel To Kill a Mockingbird.
- In the school play, Nelson plays a parody of Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men.
- The shops at Springfield Mall:
- Homer references The Powerpuff Girls opening saying "Sugar and spice and everything...", which in turn comes from the nursery rhyme "What Are Little Boys Made Of?".
- Clothing lines in Wee Madame:
- Twerking Girl is a reference to Working Girl and twerking.
- Ho Sweet Ho is a reference to the saying "home sweet home".
- Call of Booty is a reference to Call of Duty.
- Raggedy Anorexic is a reference to Raggedy Ann.
- The Edge of Thirteen is a reference to The Edge of Seventeen.
- Jack the Stripper is a reference to Jack the Ripper.
- Homer mentions that a Milk Duds knocked down a 3 Musketeers in the vending machine.
- Heisenberger and Fries is a reference to physicist Werner Heisenberg.
- Professor Farnsworth appears with an exhibit of "The Science of Futurama".
- Miss Hoover told the class to read the Wikipedia for To Kill a Mockingbird rather than read the book.
- Lenny said that his father was the editor of Life magazine.
- Duffman mentions making a Netflix documentary as they will buy any show.
- Homer misquotes King Solomon.
- Grampa got addicted to Agatha Christie's books.
- At the end, Homer's head is mounted on a R2-D2-looking robot.
- The episode was dedicated to Ricky Jay who passed away on November 24th, eight days before this episode aired.
- Bart's kids, Kirk and Picard Simpson, appear in the flashforward at the end of the episode. ("Holidays of Future Passed")
- Willie is seen both in the synagogue at Shauna's bat mitzvah and as the server at the reception at the same time.
- One of the people in the angry mob loads a magazine in a revolver.