Frink Gets Testy/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- Lisa is seen reading The Girl with the Rub-On Tattoo, a parody of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
- The Learning Network is a reference to The Learning Channel (now often called by its acronym, TLC).
- Nukes of Hazard is a reference to The Dukes of Hazzard.
- Jesus Christ Superstorm is a reference to Jesus Christ Superstar.
- Nostradamus: The Man Who Saw the Future is a reference to The Man Who Saw Tomorrow.
- "Shortly after the anti-Christ becomes president" is likely referring to Donald Trump.
- Tri-ominoes are a reference to Hasbro's Triominos.
- The people of Springfield Mensa recite all the words of the United States Declaration of Independence in alphabetical order.
- Dogs underhandedly cheating while playing poker around the table are a depiction of the painting "A Friend in Need" from the Dogs Playing Poker series by American artist Cassius Marcellus Coolidge.
- Mr. Clean is shown by Professor Frink.
- Homer tweets his test results.
- Noah Baumbach's Brooklyn Bound is shown in theater.
- Nut Job 3: The Squirreling is shown in theater, a reference to the 2019 sequel of The Nut Job and The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature.
- Shakespeare in the Park and Sesame Street on Ice are shown.
- Jeopardy! is shown at Moe's Tavern.
- Marge mentions the Scarecrow and The Wizard of Oz.
- Wiggum mentions Swee'Pea and Mr. Magoo, and Lou mentions Sylvester the Cat.
- Lisa listens to The Righteous Brothers's Unchained Melody, after Marge and Homer do a scene similar to the movie Ghost.
- Marge told Homer that her favorite character in The Wizard of Oz was always the Scarecrow.
- Homer writes the names Erik Estrada, John Hancock, Coca Cola and Jebus H Christ, Esquire, misspelling Jesus H. Christ, who appears by his side giving him a thumbs up, with Jebus written on his clothes.
- Among things thrown at Professor Frink:
- Agnes Skinner flies across the title screen as a pterodactyl. ("Homer's Evolution couch gag")
- Mensa reunites again and Manjula is now a member. ("They Saved Lisa's Brain")
- Another version of the Dogs playing poker painting is shown. ("Treehouse of Horror IV")
- Jennifer Clarkeson appears. ("A Test Before Trying")
- Homer calling Jesus Christ "Jebus" is a reference to when he said "Save me, Jebus". ("Missionary: Impossible")
- Lisa's sandals are missing in the second scene.
- The juxtaposition in the semi-circular shadow on the wall between the two scenes changes.