- Check out our page on the current Tapped Out event, "Love, Springfieldian Style".
- Wikisimpsons has a Discord server! Click here for your invite! Join to talk about the wiki, Simpsons and Tapped Out news, or just to talk to other users.
- Make an account! It's easy, free, and your work on the wiki can be attributed to you.
- Welcome to Wikisimpsons!
Lisa Gets the Blues/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The title is a reference to the film Schultze Gets the Blues.
- The title screen references The Flintstones.
- Offscreen, Homer bets with Bart on the Final four and loses, he writes "I will not bet with Bart on the final four" on the blackboard.
- Skinner shows Lisa pictures of Yo-Yo Ma, Shaun White and Albert Einstein.
- The scene where Bart gets dressed as Little Orphan Annie is a reference to the musical Annie.
- The song playing while the family leaves for Gainesville is Randy Newman's "Gainesville", performed by Linda Ronstadt.
- The pilot of the plane calls the co-pilot Scott Rudin.
- When Homer chants "Hey, hey, TWA, how many flights did you cancel today" he is parodying the then-common anti-Vietnam War chant, "Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today."
- In New Orleans, Homer and Lisa go to the Cafe Beau Beurre, Pat O'Brien's, Bourbon Street, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Bevi Seafood Co, Jamila's Cafe, Emeril's New Orleans, Bon Ton Cafe, Johnny's Po-Boy Restaurant and Gene's Po-Boy, Crabby Jack's, Tracey's, Cochon, DiMartino's, Parasol's, Jacques Imo's Cafe, Mulate's, Mahony's Po-Boy, Frankie & Johnny's, Cajun Seafood, Parkway Bakery & Tavern, K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen, Dooky Chase's Restaurant, Central Grocery & Deli, Katie's, Brennan's, Coop's Place, Antoine's Restaurant, Loretta's Authentic Pralines, The Praline Connection, Arnaud's, Palm Court Jazz Cafe, The Court of Two Sisters, Commander's Palace and The Spotted Cat Music Club.
- Pat O'Brien's is a reference to radio personality Pat O'Brien.
- In them, Homer ate: Cajun crawfish, Lamb tagine, Grilled lamb sausage, Zucchini bisque, Crabmeat po'boy, Chicken sausage po'boy, Crawfish sausage po'boy, Cochon de lait po'boy, Turkey giardiniera po'boy, Roast beef po'boy, Alligator po'boy, Catfish amandine, Crawfish amandine, Crawfish étouffée, Boiled crawfish, Cajun crawfish, Cajun shrimp, Duck pasta, Fried crab cake, Pecan catfish, Blackened redfish, Seafood mirliton casserole, Fried chicken, Fried green tomatoes, Stuffed shrimp, Muffuletta, Barbecue brisket sandwich, Barbecue chicken sandwich, Smoky bacon greens, Seafood au gratin, Seafood gumbo, Frogs' legs, Chicken gumbo, Jambalaya, Spinach artichoke, Creole sweet potato pone, Red beans and rice with sausage, Veggie red beans and rice, Pralines in cookies, Oyster pralines, Oyster shots, Oyster patties, Bananas Foster, King cake, Dixie cake, Pecan pie, Cajun boudin, Boudin balls, Crawfish rémoulade, Shrimp and lump crabmeat ravigote, Au croissant crawfish po'boy and Yaka mein.
- A tube from the Keystone Pipeline (written as XL Pipeline) is seen in the river.
- Madame Midnite's House of Voodoo is a reference to the real life Madame VooDoo House Of Ink.
- Homer visits the Saint Louis Cemetery number one.
- Louis Armstrong's statue asks Lisa and Homer not to wish him to sing his song "What a Wonderful World".
- The song that plays when Lisa and Homer traverse the streets, after meeting the Louis Armstrong statue, is his song "When the Saints Go Marching In".
- Homer, Lisa and Bart eat beignet at Cafe Du Monde, and Homer says, breaking the fourth wall, that the next episode will beat Gunsmoke, but Bart retorts that he's not counting the radio episodes. Homer shuts him up by making him eat a beignet.
- The episode was dedicated to R. Lee Ermey who passed away on April 15th, seven days before this episode aired.
- In the opening sequence, Gerald Samson helds a banner saying "Happy 635th", a reference on how this is the 635th episode of the show, being tie with Gunsmoke as TV's longest running primetime scripted series. The next episode, Forgive and Regret, the show will surpass Gunsmoke and take the record.
- The episode's opening sequence leads directly into the episode, with Lisa exiting the school. Shortly after, the rest of the family are seen waiting for Lisa so they can do the [[couch gag[[,
- The Court of Two Sisters is written as The Court of the Two Sisters in the episode.