Throw Grampa from the Dane/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
"Throw Grampa from the Dane"
- The title is a reference to the film Throw Momma from the Train.
- Bleeders Sinai Medical Center is a reference to the real world Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- One of the airplane models is made of LEGO, with people next to it made of Lego, and the company is called Lego Air. Lego is a Danish company.
- The third plane on the tarmac has multiple references to Danish existential philosopher Søren Kierkegaard:
- His image on the tailpiece.
- Catch phrase "Existential Desp-Air", a play on words and a reference to his philosophy.
- His first name Søren as the name of the airline.
- The Danish drama about teenagers getting killed mentioned is The Killing.
- Bart mentions Disney creating The Little Mermaid, Spider-Man and Star Wars, none of which were actually created by Disney. What Bart was referring to, however, was the Disney animated film The Little Mermaid. Bart and Homer also mention Sebastian, the crab from the film.
- Bart, Lisa and a choir sing, in an English translation, the Danish national anthem "Der er et yndigt land".
- When Homer was giving a speech about America, "America the Beautiful" plays.
- Exhibits at the Hans Christian Andersen Museum, which is a real place, include Thumbelina, The Snow Queen, The Ugly Duckling and The Emperor's New Clothes.
- The family visits Kronborg Castle, William Shakespeare's Hamlet's castle.
- Häagen-Death is a reference to the real world ice cream brand Häagen-Dazs.