Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
< Gone Boy
- The title of the episode is a parody of a book and a film Gone Girl.
- On the title screen, "Deck the Halls" plays.
- "Once in Royal David's City" plays during the couch gag.
- Milhouse mentions Harry Horse.
- When the 1962 film clip begins to play in the bunker, "The U.S. Air Force" song plays.
- The general in the clip says that casualties of 200 million are an acceptable loss, a number greater than the entire population of the United States at that time.
- 1962 was the year of the Cuban Missile Crisis, during which imminent thermonuclear was a real fear.
- Grampa recognizes the sound of the ignition sequence of the LGM-25C Titan II missile.
- The vinyl collection in the bunker has:
- Frank Sinatra's Sinatra Ruins Dylan, a reference to Bob Dylan's Triplicate album, in which he sings covers of Frank Sinatra's songs.
- Elvis Presley's Doin' It for the Money, a reference to his song "Doin' the Best I Can".
- Calvin and the Hipmunks, a reference to both Alvin and the Chipmunks and their robotic dopplegangers Calvin and the Hip Munks. The Hipunks then sing "God Bless America" by Irving Berlin.
- Squeaky-voiced teen brings Sideshow Bob The New Yorker. Bob also mentions the New York magazine.
- Sideshow Bob mentions William Shawn.
- Sideshow Bob sings "I Have a Song to Sing, O!" from The Yeomen of the Guard by Gilbert and Sullivan.
- Homer mentions that Shaquille O'Neal has a Superman tattoo on his arm.
- The picture on the wall behind the Prison psychiatrist is of the Yosemite Valley.
- When Sideshow Bob tells the psychiatrist "Evil is not a choice," he is alluding to the same statement made regarding homosexuality.
- Renter-Prise Dent-a-Car is a reference to Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
- Milhouse is dressed as Linus van Pelt from Peanuts.
- Patty and Selma are dressed like Elsa and Anna from Frozen respectively.
- Mr. Burns is dressed as the White Witch from The Chronicles of Narnia.
- Tom Petty appears as an angel playing a guitar. He died 2 months before the airing of the episode on October 2nd, 2017.
- The fibers of the mophead in the bunker form the shape of Sideshow Bob's hair.
- Bart loses his lucky red hat again. ("Bart Gets Famous")
- Sideshow Bob steps on a rake repeatedly by himself. ("Cape Feare")
- In the shrine to Bart that Marge makes is a picture of a young toddler Bart banging pots together. ("Lisa's First Word")
- Also, a picture of little Lisa putting an adhesive bandage on little Bart's knee. ("Lisa on Ice")
- A pillow with Mr. Sparkle's image is on Lisa's bed. ("In Marge We Trust")
- The Grand Pumpkin appears. ("Treehouse of Horror XIX")
- The Gnome in Your Home appears. ("The Nightmare After Krustmas")
- It's still snow six months after Christmas outside Springfield Penitentiary.