Grampy Can Ya Hear Me/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
"Grampy Can Ya Hear Me"
- The title of the episode is a reference to the Academy Award-nominated 1983 song "Papa, Can You Hear Me?", performed by Barbra Streisand.
- Rick and Morty's Szechuan Sauce is held by Maggie in the opening.
- Agnes and Principal Skinner watch Game of Thrones at the end of the episode.
- At the Springfield Planetarium, a poster asking to "Bring back Futurama" is seen.
- During the planetarium show, "America the Beautiful" by Samuel A. Ward plays.
- In the car, "In the Mood" by Wingy Manone, Andy Razaf and Joe Garland plays.
- Jasper Beardly and old people sing "Happy Birthday to You" to Abe.
- When Grampa realises he can hear, "Ode to Joy" by Ludwig van Beethoven plays.
- The Chewbacco nicotine gum is a reference to Chewbacca from Star Wars.
- Brutus Buckeye, the mascot for Ohio State University, is seen.
- Skinner says "Et tu, Brutus?" when Brutus Buckeye makes an L sign on his forehead.
- Skinner also pushes Brutus Buckeye into a statue of Woody Hayes, who served as head football coach at Ohio State University from 1951–1978.
- Casket City's slogan, "Think inside the box", is a pun on the expression "think outside the box".
- The Simpson family is reading a script, which is revealed to be the episode's.