The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used to Be/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The episode title is a reference to the old folk song "The Old Gray Mare" lyric, "The old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be."
- The Springfield Skypark-Line is a reference New York's High Line. Kent Brockman also references it directly.
- The guy that ends up in the Springfield cactus patch does the Wilhelm Scream.
- Lisa mentioned that Wonder Woman showed that if you're a goddess with superpowers, there's no limit to what you can do.
- Homer mentions the women Ghostbusters from the 2016 Ghostbusters movie.
- Luigi asks why people think he only wants to serve spaghetti to dogs who want to make out, a reference to Lady and the Tramp. When Marge asks him what he wants to do, he says he wants to carve a little wooden boy and make him come to life, a reference to Pinocchio.
- Lindsey Naegle refers to herself as Kellyanne Conway.
- The couch gag references Simpsorama.
- The Springfield Skypark-Line project was built on top of the Springfield Monorail, but the Monorail actually gets out of its hiding place and crushes Sebastian Cobb, killing him. ("Marge vs. the Monorail")
- Marge goes to Curl Up and Dye. ("Looking for Mr. Goodbart")
- The Grumple appears in Town Hall. ("Kill Gil, Volumes I & II")
- Marge visits the Quimby Compound. ("The Boy Who Knew Too Much")
- Kent Brockman changes the name of the park from Sky-Line park to Skypark-Line.