Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The title is a reference to the American fast food chain Dairy Queen.
- The title screen gag is a reference to the disorders happening at the start of 2021 in the United States.
- The song "Today Garage Sale" is a parody of the song "Tonight Quintet" from West Side Story.
- The painting above the Lovejoys bed is a parody of The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci.
- Comic Book Guy wears the Sorting Hat and mentions Quiddich, both from Harry Potter.
- Julio holds an NPR bag, the logo is a reference to the National Public Radio, with N and R's colors inverted.
- Things that Ned doesn't find funny include:
- Rod and Todd's running in place and the sound is the same used as the one used in The Flintstones.
- Dr. Hibbert buys Meryl Streep: The Criterion Collection at the garage sale.
- Ralph buys Peeps at the garage sale.
- Ned says he is selling his things at a lower price than eBay.
- Ned sells Norman Rockwell commemorative plates while bullies destroy them.
- Lenny says he's dressed as Fred Rogers.
- Carl says he's Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally....
- The edition of Action Comics Ned is selling is a reference to Action Comics 1, the debut of Superman.
- Milhouse developed an allergic reaction to his gi while practicing Karate.
- The kids discovered that the diary belonged to Edna because of the smell of Parliament lights cigarettes it had.
- "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and "Hail to the Chief" play during Bart's future fantasy.
- "Shameika" by Fiona Apple plays during the school's montage.
- Are You There, Buddha? It's Me, Tenzing. is a reference to the book Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. by Judy Blume.
- The Tenzing of the title refers to Sherpa Tenzing Norgay, who was a Buddhist.
- The things that bother Lisa are: global disasters, artifical intelligence taking over and the "cold, dead eyes" of American former vice president Mike Pence.
- The kids at Springfield Elementary sing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow".
- The song during the end credits is "Diary" by Bread.
- Edna was seen watching The Bob Newhart Show.
- Due to the Daytona 500 race delay, the episode will air on February 21, 2021; however, the episode was released on Amazon and iTunes on February 14, but was later removed.
- Chalmers' car's license plate is "Skin-ner!".
- The arresting of the priest is reference to the scandal regarding priests and minors in the church.
- Johnny Tightlips was reaccepted in the mafia by Fat Tony even after he betrayed him in "The Fat Blue Line".
- Ned is selling Humble Figurines at his yard sale. ("Home Away from Homer")
- Edna's voice is heard in Bart's memory saying "Remember: if you can teach one kid one thing, then today will be a success.". ("Bart Gets a "Z"")
- Bart mentions Edna marrying Ned. ("Ned 'n' Edna's Blend Agenda")
- During the family meeting, Edna says "I have to stay here in Springfield because boys like Bart Simpson need me. Sweet, misunderstood boys who just need someone to recognize the basic goodness that's trapped inside them and is desperately trying to get out.". ("The Seemingly Never-Ending Story")
- Evelyn Trunch appears. ("What to Expect When Bart's Expecting")
Edna Krabappel and Marcia Wallace ending montage
The montage includes:
- Ned and Edna holding hands with the text "Nedna forever" underneath. ("Ned 'n' Edna's Blend Agenda")
- Bart writing "I will never be a teacher's pet" on the chalkboard with Edna reading a book at her desk.
- Her cat taking a dead pigeon to her door.
- Edna watching The Bob Newhart Show. Marcia Wallace played Carol Kester in the TV series.
- Edna teaching her class.
- Edna unchaining Ralph from the swing set.
- Bart setting up a fake date with her at The Gilded Truffle. ("Bart the Lover")
- Edna and Ned holding each other in bed, then joined by her cat. ("The Falcon and the D'ohman")
- Edna changing a wheel of the Geo Metro, helped by Ned.
- Bart writing on the chalkboard "We'll really miss you, Mrs. K.". ("Four Regrettings and a Funeral")
- One of the kids putting up the sign for the Spelling Bee appears out of nowhere after frames where no one was present on that side of the sign.