| "A Vote For a Winner"
| Song Information
"A Vote for a Winner" is a song sung by Lisa Simpson when she was trying to get the kids of Springfield Elementary to vote for her for class president.
- I'm not that cool,
- I don't wear jeans.
- I've polished an apple or two.
- But every grade that I grubbed,
- I grubbed it for you.
- So call me bookworm,
- But I'll never squirm,
- When there's work to be done.
- Yes, I'll take my lunch at my desk,
- While you're all outside having fun.
- Don't vote for me, kids of Springfield,
- Unless you want an effective leader.
- I'll talk to teachers,
- I'll handle Skinner,
- A vote for Lisa,
- Makes you the winner!
- Vote Lisa! Vote Lisa! Vote Lisa!
Behind the Laughter
The song parodies "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" from the musical Evita. It is part of "The President Wore Pearls (Medley)" track on the album The Simpsons: Testify. It was nominated for a Primetime Emmy award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Music and Lyrics in 2004. It lost to the song "Because You are Beautiful" from the TV special World VDAY.