Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
"Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em"
- The episode title is a pun on the MC Hammer album Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em.
- The episode plot is loosely based on the movie Big Eyes and the TV show Remington Steele.
- The Persian man says that Nabil is like Bruce Springsteen.
- The video game Rocky III vs. Clara Peller features Rocky Balboa from the Rocky films and actress Clara Peller.
- The video game Bart plays in the arcade, Triangle Wars, resembles the old Atari version of Asteroids, where you destroy rocks and alien spaceships.
- One of the video games at the arcade is called Polybius, a reference to an urban legend about a video game that drove its players insane.
- Monkey Kong is a parody of Donkey Kong.
- The book store Rock Bottom Remainders is a reference to the band Rock Bottom Remainders, which Matt Groening was part of.
- Marge pulls the book Good Grief, More Peanuts from Bart's lunchbox, featuring Charlie Brown from Peanuts.
- Marge builds a replica of Westminster Abbey.
- Homer tells Professor Frink to stir his flubber, a reference to the film The Absent-Minded Professor.
- Groundskeeper Willie tells all the students to hand over their peanuts, Goobers and Fluffernutters.
- During the sequence where Bart is making Principal Skinner do stuff against his will, "Beat on the Brat" by the Ramones plays.
- Homer, Lenny and Carl sing "We Will Rock You" by Queen.
- The peanut in Skinner's nightmare is Mr. Peanut, the mascot for Planters, an American snack food company.
- The Zoominator roller coaster is a pun on the Terminator.
- In The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop, Comic Book Guy has busts of Yoda and Chewbacca, a Cosmic Wars poster and statues of Luke Skywalker and R2-D2.
- Principal Skinner was supposed to stand in the window of The Android's Dungeon and breastfeed Bilbo Baggins from The Lord of the Rings.
- Comic Book Guy says that Bart found Skinner's Kryptonite. Comic Book Guy then explains that it's Superman's greatest weakness.
- This episode has many Star Wars references in it, such as the music "Duel of the Fates" from Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace playing while Bart and Skinner are fighting across Springfield. It plays later when they throw peanuts and shrimps at each other. Also, Skinner screaming "Nooooooooo!" after Bart tells him he was El Barto parodies the scene in The Empire Strikes Back where Luke screams "Nooooooooo!" after learning Darth Vader was his father.
- When Homer welcomes the "out-of-town rollercoaster weirdos" to the re-opening of The Zoominator, one of them is wearing a "Dilbert's Flying Cubicle" T-shirt.
- On the Simpsons' mailbox, you can see the Simpsons logo and the TCF copyright info.
- In this episode. Bart is said to only be allergic to shrimp. In "Blood Feud". Marge lists Bart's allergies as butterscotch, imitation butterscotch, and glow-in-the-dark monster make-up. In "Mommie Beerest". Bart is clearly seen eating and throwing shrimp. Also, in "The Frying Game". Bart says he was in the Green room, and he ate so much shrimp.
- After all the workers leave on the rollercoaster construction site, the camera points to Homer in the wagon thing. Behind him, the rollercoaster looks completely repaired.