Ice Cream of Margie (with the Light Blue Hair)/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
"Ice Cream of Margie (with the Light Blue Hair)"
- This episode's title is a play upon both I Dream of Jeannie and Stephen Foster's song "Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair".
- The episode features the songs "Get Ur Freak On" by Missy Elliott, "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits, "Feels So Good" by Chuck Mangione, and varied scorings of "Pop Goes the Weasel".
- The revelation of the brand new customized ice cream truck is a parody of Pimp My Ride (which, coincidentally, had an episode in which a man had a broken-down ice cream truck that he wanted Xzibit to pimp out).
- The scene where Homer gets dressed as an ice cream man is a reference to the opening of Da Ali G Show.
- The TV show Marge watches, Opal, is a parody of The Oprah Winfrey Show. Opal reappears in "Husbands and Knives" and "Funeral for a Fiend".
- When Homer is speeding to Marge's art show, the theme from the 1970s TV show The Streets of San Francisco is heard.
- Homer mistakes a huge Popsicle-stick sculpture of himself for Magilla Gorilla.
- The episode predicts a bleak future in which humanity is enslaved by anthropomorphic giant iPods.
- When Snake hijacks the helicopter, he tells Kent Brockman about a "tie-up on the 101/405 interchange." The interchange between the 101 and 405 Freeways is actually in Sherman Oaks, California.
- Greta Wolfcastle makes a cameo in this episode.
- This is the second time Homer drove an ice cream truck. He did it previously in "King-Size Homer".
- When Marge Googles herself in "Marge Gamer", one of the results is "Marge Simpson - Springfield Folk Artist. An article about her Popsicle stick art sculptures."
- When Homer is getting dressed as an ice cream man, we see he needs two belts to get around his waist. Therefore, he has a buckle on his back waist as well as his front. In a couple of brief shots, the buckle on his back waist is gone. This happens BEFORE Homer rips his pants and is replaced with a belt that goes around all the way.
- When Homer says "Give divorce a chance" Larry has Legs' colours.
- When Homer trashes the front yard, Roger Meyers, Jr. has grey hair and a blue suit. Then he has brown hair and a green suit.