Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
Material cut from the original American airing
- Due to the fact that a new trailer for The Simpsons Movie aired during the original American broadcast, several scenes were cut from the episode that aired on FOX:
- The opening credits and couch gag were cut. The American version started with Declan Desmond's introduction, and the usual "created by Matt Groening" credits were shown over a shot of a playground.
- In the first airing, the final minute of the episode was cut, ending after Marge and Homer hugged. The extended ending featured Homer and Desmond singing a duet.
- The version that aired in Canada on Global the same night did not feature the Movie trailer and as a result, the full version of the episode was aired. When the episode reaired on April 15, 2007, the cut material was restored, along with the original opening sequence.
- In the scene where Marge and Homer are interviewed the first time with children, a photo showing a 10-year old Bart, a 8-year old Lisa and Maggie is visible in the background, though Bart and Lisa are still a babies and Maggie is still unborn.
- In the scene where Homer shows Marge his tattoo in the first part of the scene there is a wall behind the couch then when it zooms out for the second time there is a kitchen behind the couch.
- Homer and Marge are in the same playground at eight but met in high school at seventeen.
- This is the shortest Simpsons episode (not including the Tracy Ullman shorts or Halloween segments) at 19 minutes and 49 seconds.
- Smithers is shown in the kindergarten at the same time as Homer and his friends. However, in "The Blunder Years", it is shown that he was a baby when Homer was 12 years old.
The picture of a full-grown Lisa with Maggie is visible along the staircase wall.
The wall turns into a kitchen!