| Food/Drink Information
The Ribwich consisted of only the meat, the bun, and barbecue sauce. It was specifically not marketed as being nutritious or healthy. In the TV commercial for the Ribwich, the voice-over said, "We start with authentic, letter-graded meat, and process the hell out of it." The box the Ribwich was served in advertised it as "Now without lettuce!"
Homer was enthralled by the Ribwich the first time he saw the TV ad. His reaction to the ad was, "I can't wait to pack that into my colon!" When the sandwich came to Springfield, Homer tried one and quickly developed a voracious appetite for them, eating so many, he became delirious and slobbered all over the place, prompting the Squeaky-voiced teen at the counter to call for a "Drool clean-up at Register 4!" Homer became hooked on Ribwiches, making frequent return trips to Krusty Burger to eat more of them.
Much to Homer's dismay, the Ribwich was a limited-time-only offer at the Springfield Krusty Burger. However, because the Ribwich was being test-marketed nationwide, it was essentially on tour and would soon be served at another Krusty Burger. Homer got a copy of the schedule and joined up with a large throng of "Ribheads" who were following the Ribwich from place to place as it was released.
The last stop of the Ribwich's tour was in San Francisco, where Krusty the Clown appeared in person and announced the Ribwich would not be made anymore, as the unnamed animal whose meat was used for the sandwich had become extinct. Krusty held up the very last Ribwich and threw it to the crowd.
Krusty Burger eventually brought the Ribwich back as Rib-It, the product mascot, was seen again in Krusty's Kristmas on Ice, and after Fast-Food Boulevard was destroyed. A Ribwich in a deep-fried donut was a product for sale aimed at stoners.
Behind the Laughter
- The Ribwich is an obvious parody of the McDonald's McRib sandwich, which is also noted for its intermittent availability and the less than obvious origin of its meat.
- The "Ribheads" following the Ribwich are a reference to Deadheads, fans of the Grateful Dead who follow the band as it tours.
- When Krusty finishes talking to the crowd of Ribheads, he says, "What a long strange product rollout it's been", which is another Grateful Dead reference.
- The animal from which the Ribwich is made is never specified, but when someone mentions a pig as a possibility, Krusty replies, "Think smaller, and more legs."
- This could mean it's an insect.
- A ribwich is on sale at the Krusty Burger at the Universal Orlando Resort.
- Episode – "I'm Spelling as Fast as I Can"
- Episode – "Highway to Well"
- Video game – The Simpsons: Hit & Run
- Video game – The Simpsons Game
|Chocolate Frosted Frosty Krusty Flakes • Extra Krusty Chicken • Frosty Krusty Flakes • Krustaceans • Krusty Bar • Krusty Beef Jerky • Krusty Brand Cherry Pie Filling • Krusty Brand Duck Sausage Pizza • Krusty Brand Imitation Gruel • Krusty Brand Pork Products • Krusty Brand Self-Cooking Glo-Rito • Krusty Brand Sheep's Bladder • Krusty Burgers (The Krust Deluxe • Bag O' Beef • The Clogger • Laffy Meal • LGBTQBLT • Mother Nature Burger • Ribwich) • Krusty Charms • Krusty Chips • Krusty Fries • Krusty Ham • Krusty Kritters • Krusty Olio • Krusty Snak Kakes • Krusty Wieners • Krusty's All Purpose Religious Biscuits • Krusty's Circus Style Marshmallows • Krusty's Circus Style Marshmallows • Krusty's Maple Syrup • Krusty's Pancake Mix • Krusty-O's • Krusty-O's Pasta Substitute • Krustycakes • Krustyfinger • Señor Krusty's Taco Kit|
|Absolut Krusty • Krusty Brand Cherry Soda • Krusty Punch • Krusty Shake • Krusty Soda • Krusty's Citrus Inspired "Fruit" Juice • Krusty's Sugar-Frosted Cotton-Candy Punch|
|Krusty Doll (Evil Krusty Doll) • Krusty Slime • Krusty's Kreepy Konjuring Kit • Krusty's Speak and Say • The Metal Krusty-O • Official Krusty the Clown Walkie-Talkies • Tickle-Me-Krusty|
|Clone at Home Kit • Desperation • Krusty Brand Alarm Clock • Krusty Brand Geiger Counter • Krusty Brand Seal of Approval • Krusty Brand Sulfuric Acid • Krusty Diapers • Krusty Non-Toxic Kologne • Krusty the Clown Fan Club • Krusty's Choice Oxycontin Candy • Krusty's Non-Narkotik Kough Syrup • Krusty-Brand Home Pregnancy Test • Krusty Waste • Magic Cloning Lamp|